Really, the only way to find more affordable Chevy Spark insurance is to compare quotes annually from different companies in Laredo.
- First, read and learn about individual coverages and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as speeding tickets, accidents and a substandard credit history can be improved by paying attention to minor details. Later in this article we will cover instructions to help keep rates affordable and find overlooked discounts.
- Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if cheaper Spark coverage is available in Laredo. If you can save some money and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new carrier. Immediately put the certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A crucial key to this process is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to look at all possible companies. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Unbelievable but true, most consumers in Texas kept buying from the same company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. American consumers could save roughly $850 a year just by comparing rates, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rate quotes online.
If you are insured now, you will be able to shop for the lowest rates using the techniques covered below. Locating the lowest-priced policy in Laredo is actually quite simple. Nevertheless, Texas consumers must comprehend the way companies price insurance differently because it varies considerably.
Companies offering Chevy Spark insurance in Texas
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Laredo, TX. In order to find cheap car insurance in Laredo, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Cheaper Chevy Spark insurance in Laredo
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be available discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some of these discounts will be visible when you quote, but some discounts are required to be asked for before you get the savings.
- No Accidents – Laredo drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates when compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a safe driver course could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies allow discounts for switching to them prior to your current Spark insurance policy expiration. You may see this discount when you get Laredo car insurance quotes online.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Professional Memberships – Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations could trigger savings on your bill.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive will forgive one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Laredo car insurance with certain companies.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Some of the larger companies that may offer some of the discounts shown above include:
When quoting, ask every company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in your area.
Independent or exclusive auto insurance agents
Some people just want to talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you may find lower auto insurance rates and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to participating agents in Laredo that can provide free Laredo car insurance quotes for your business. There is no need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to compare rates for a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting an insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- How many companies do they write for?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
Not all auto insurance agents are the same
If you need to find a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents that you can choose from. Car insurance agents in Laredo may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are Laredo exclusive agencies willing to provide price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Raul R. Martinez Jr
3802 TX-359 Ste 5 – Laredo, TX 78043 – (956) 729-8884 – View Map
- Kike Trevino – State Farm Insurance
517 Shiloh Dr #4 – Laredo, TX 78045 – (956) 791-5453 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Carlos Nunez Jr.
1102 Marshall St #3 – Laredo, TX 78045 – (956) 763-2707 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles through many different car insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. When comparison shopping, you need to get several quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates. Most can insure with lesser-known insurance companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Laredo that can give you price quotes.
- Delgado Insurance Agency, LC
9902 McPherson Rd #6 – Laredo, TX 78045 – (956) 728-7377 – View Map
- Benavides~Arellano Insurance
5901 McPherson Rd – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 723-0688 – View Map
- Protection Insurance Agency
1020 Washington St – Laredo, TX 78040 – (956) 723-9542 – View Map
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your insurance should unique, too.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is GAP insurance?
- Should I rate my Chevy Spark as pleasure use or commute?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Chevy Spark?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Insurance policy coverages for a Chevy Spark
Learning about specific coverages of your policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are the usual coverages offered by insurance companies.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like falling objects, a broken windshield, vandalism, damage from flooding and hitting a bird. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Auto liability insurance
This can cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 30/60/25 that means you have a limit of $30,000 per injured person, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things like medical services, repair costs for stationary objects, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Texas state minimum liability requirements are 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
The next chart shows why low liability limits may not be enough coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Chevy Spark.
Due to the fact that many Texas drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 30/60/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with another car or object. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, backing into a parked car, damaging your car on a curb and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also raise the deductible on your Spark in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for expenses like X-ray expenses, pain medications, funeral costs, nursing services and chiropractic care. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers you and your occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
As you prepare to switch companies, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced full coverage only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Affordable Chevy Spark insurance in Laredo can be found from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. A few companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies work with local independent agents.
Additional detailed information can be read in the articles below:
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 17 Year Olds in Laredo? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Electric Cars in Laredo? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Impreza in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Laredo? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)