If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get budget car insurance rates in Laredo is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers in Texas.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how auto insurance works and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new insurer. Once the application is submitted, place the new certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you're comparing the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to look at every company you can. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Unbelievably, a large majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and just short of a majority have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average premium in Texas being $2,680, drivers can save approximately $1,770 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most tend to underestimate the large savings they would see if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Quoting cheaper insurance coverage in Laredo is not as confusing as people think. If you have a current insurance policy or need a new policy, use these techniques to reduce premiums and still get good coverage. Shoppers just have to use the proper methods to get comparison quotes using one simple form.
The quickest method to compare car insurance company rates is to take advantage of the fact almost all companies allow for online access to quote your coverage. The one thing you need to do is give the companies some data like how you use your vehicles, daily mileage, if your license is active, and your education level. Your rating data is instantly provided to multiple top-rated companies and they return cost estimate with very little delay.
To get price quotes for your car now, click here and enter the information requested.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Laredo, TX. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Laredo, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS 2WD||$1,004||$502||$84|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$1,088||$544||$91|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$1,090||$545||$91|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$870||$435||$73|
|Ford F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$920||$460||$77|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$980||$490||$82|
|Ford Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,266||$633||$106|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,126||$563||$94|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$870||$435||$73|
|Honda Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,242||$621||$104|
|Hyundai Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$1,066||$533||$89|
|Kia Optima LX||$1,066||$533||$89|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,064||$532||$89|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,064||$532||$89|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,064||$532||$89|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4WD||$1,028||$514||$86|
|Get Rate Quotes for Your Vehicle Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in specific Laredo garaging location which can decrease or increase prices significantly.
It may be expensive, but it's not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance in Laredo, auto insurance is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will force you to buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your vehicle at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $700 annually so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Don't overlook these insurance discounts
Some companies don't always list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so the below list has both well-publicized as well as the least known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Laredo auto insurance online. If you do not double check each discount possible, you're paying more than you need to.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may earn at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Discount for New Cars - Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Payment Discounts - If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Defensive Driver - Taking a driver safety course could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some insurance companies give discounts for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current policy. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Accident Forgiveness - This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Allstate and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don't have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Low Miles Discount - Maintaining low annual mileage can earn better insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Military Discounts - Having an actively deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver's education in high school.
- Seat Belt Usage - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it's just not the way it works.
Popular insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including daytime running lights, good student, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, federal employee, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife may include discounts for good driver, claim-free, accident-free, defensive driver, good student, and multi-policy.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and good student.
- Travelers includes discounts for new car, payment discounts, hybrid/electric vehicle, student away at school, good student, continuous insurance, and save driver.
- SAFECO offers discounts for drive less, anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, multi-car, accident prevention training, and anti-theft.
- AAA may offer discounts for good driver, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, good student, and pay-in-full.
Check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies offering insurance discounts in Laredo, click this link.
Auto insurance agents can help
Certain consumers still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Professional agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is you can get cheap car insurance quotes and also buy local. And providing support for local insurance agencies is still important in Laredo.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Laredo that provide free Laredo auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to find an agent as quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
When searching for a local Laredo insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance agents are considered either exclusive or independent. Either one can sell car insurance policies, but it's good to learn the difference in the companies they write for since it may influence which type of agent you select.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not sell for just one brand and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
If you need lower rates, it's a good idea to check rates from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Laredo who may be able to give you pricing information.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Laredo that are able to give price quote information.
Allstate Insurance Agent: Powell-Watson Insurance Group
6301 Arena Blvd Ste A - Laredo, TX 78041 - (956) 764-4399 - View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Any agent in Laredo should be forthright in answering these questions:
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- If they are an independent agency in Laredo, which companies do they recommend?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
Cheap coverage is out there
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don't sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut collision coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price.
You just learned a lot of tips how to save on insurance in Laredo. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Laredo auto insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Laredo Auto Insurance Quotes for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for College Graduates in Laredo? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Laredo Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)