Really, the only way to get more affordable Chevy Silverado insurance in Laredo is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers who can sell car insurance in Texas.
- Read and learn about what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause rate increases like accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit score can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
We don’t have to tell you that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. People who perform rate comparisons are very likely to switch to a new company because there is a good probability of finding more affordable rates. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who routinely shopped around saved about $860 a year compared to other drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the cheapest price on car insurance in Laredo is your objective, then having an understanding of the best ways to shop for car insurance can save money and time.
To find the best insurance rates, there are several ways of comparing price quotes from insurance companies in your area. The best way to lower the rate you pay for Chevy Silverado insurance involves getting comparison quotes online. It’s important to know that comparing all the rates in your area increases your odds of finding more affordable rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide Laredo Silverado insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s important to also get price estimates on coverage from those companies, too.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide free quotes in Laredo, TX. To find cheaper car insurance in Laredo, TX, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
Chevy Silverado insurance discounts in Laredo
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every available discount very clearly, so the list below details some of the best known and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Laredo auto insurance online.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Laredo auto insurance quote.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Active Military Service – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 20% or more.
Don’t be surprised that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Silverado insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, multi-car, marriage, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Larger car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, and good student.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for driver training, air bag, anti-theft, bundle, and vehicle fuel type.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include type of vehicle, accident-free, good driver, location of vehicle, professional/association, multi-car, and anti-theft.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-theft, good student, federal employee, daytime running lights, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA includes discounts for education and occupation, multi-car, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, and pay-in-full.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, student away at school, good student, defensive driving training, good driver, and multiple policy.
If you want cheaper Laredo auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent how you can save money. Some discounts may not be offered in Laredo. To locate insurers who offer discounts in Texas, click this link.
Chevy Silverado coverage analysis
The information below covers detailed analysis of insurance costs for Chevy Silverado models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance premiums are formulated can benefit drivers when making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$256||$408||$430||$26||$128||$1,248||$104|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$256||$408||$382||$22||$114||$1,182||$99|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$294||$496||$430||$26||$128||$1,374||$115|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$294||$496||$430||$26||$128||$1,374||$115|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$294||$496||$382||$22||$114||$1,308||$109|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$294||$496||$382||$22||$114||$1,308||$109|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$294||$496||$430||$26||$128||$1,374||$115|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$294||$496||$430||$26||$128||$1,374||$115|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$332||$584||$382||$22||$114||$1,434||$120|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$332||$584||$430||$26||$128||$1,500||$125|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$332||$584||$382||$22||$114||$1,434||$120|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$332||$584||$430||$26||$128||$1,500||$125|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$332||$584||$430||$26||$128||$1,500||$125|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$332||$584||$382||$22||$114||$1,434||$120|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$332||$584||$430||$26||$128||$1,500||$125|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$332||$584||$382||$22||$114||$1,434||$120|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$332||$672||$382||$22||$114||$1,522||$127|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$370||$672||$382||$22||$114||$1,560||$130|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Information does not factor in specific garaging location which can alter prices substantially.
Full coverage or liability only
The illustration below compares Chevy Silverado auto insurance rates with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no specific rule of when to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Chevy Silverado replacement cost is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $6,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $600 a year for physical damage coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some cases where dropping full coverage is not a good idea. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not drop full coverage.
Do I need an agent?
Many drivers just want to sit down with an agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain better rates and also buy local. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Laredo.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to agents in your area that can give you free Laredo auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered directly to your email. It’s the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to get a price quote for a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Laredo for you
When researching a local insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Insurance policy providers can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to do anything.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you contact at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with mutual insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following is a partial list of independent agents in Laredo that may be able to give price quote information.
- All Around Insurance Agency, LLC
3401 N Arkansas Ave – Laredo, TX 78043 – (956) 712-1255 – View Map
- Insurance and Financial Services At Champions LLC
6019 McPherson Rd Ste 6 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 717-5770 – View Map
- South Texas Insurance
4815 San Bernardo Ave – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 729-1010 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand rather than low rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Laredo that are able to give price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance – Rene Benavides
8218 Casa Verde Rd, A-5 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 723-9511 – View Map
- Anabella Herbig – State Farm Insurance Agent
315 Calle Del Norte Dr #103 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 725-1617 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Robert Rogers
6410 McPherson Rd Suite 2 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 724-1038 – View Map
Choosing a insurance agency requires more thought than just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
After you get good responses and an acceptable price quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that can be trusted to properly service your insurance policy. Keep in mind once you purchase a policy you can terminate coverage at any point so never assume that you are obligated to any particular company indefinitely.
How Insurers Calculate Chevy Silverado Insurance Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that aid in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you lower auto insurance prices.
Save money with alarms and GPS tracking – Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all hinder car theft and help bring rates down.
Multiple policies with one company can save – Most major auto insurance companies afford discounts to people who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount, consumers should still check prices from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Credit rating impacts premium rates – Having a bad credit history factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Therefore, if your credit could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Chevrolet Silverado if you clean up your credit. Drivers with excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with bad credit.
Obey driving laws and save – Getting just one citation may increase your cost substantially. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates than bad drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have serious tickets like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The diagram below illustrates how violations and at-fault accidents can raise Chevy Silverado car insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The premiums assume a single female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Higher comp and collision deductibles are cheaper – Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some coverage claims are running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and having your car stolen. The deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more of the claim you’re willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Never let your policy expire – Driving any period of time without insurance is illegal and companies may charge more for letting your insurance coverage expire. Not only will you pay more, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in fines or a revoked license. Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with the Texas DMV.
Chevy Silverado insurance loss statistics – Auto insurance companies use statistical claims data when they calculate premium rates for each model. Models that historically have a trend towards higher claims will cost more for coverage.
The information below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Chevy Silverado vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Values below 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2WD||76||118||85||78||69||125|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4WD||60||76||72||54|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 2WD||89||103||131||77||70||94|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4WD||96||105||116||57||57||87|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 2WD||90||126||100||88||85||117|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4WD||84||98||89||60||60||88|
|Chevrolet Silverado 2500 2WD||60||65|
|Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4WD||66||97||66|
|Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 2WD||76||127||65|
|Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4WD||88||114||97||45||42||82|
|Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 2WD||80||54|
|Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 4WD||79||105||83||37||43||75|
|Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4WD||65|
|Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Crew Cab 4WD||98||127||108||54||39||76|
|Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Ext Cab 4WD||129||127|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Silverado in Laredo, insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, most lenders will require that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your Chevy Silverado and your assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to save money.
You can find cheap coverage
As you prepare to switch companies, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, extreme rates for teen drivers, policy non-renewal or even unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
We’ve covered a lot of ways to find affordable Chevy Silverado insurance in Laredo. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding affordable Chevrolet Silverado insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest auto insurance rates come from the least-expected company.
Additional car insurance information can be read at these links:
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Females in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Immigrants in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)