A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that most consumers in Texas kept their coverage with the same insurance company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rate quotes at all. American consumers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they just don’t want to go online and compare rates.
The easiest way to get more affordable Volkswagen Golf insurance in Laredo is to compare prices regularly from companies who can sell car insurance in Texas. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Try to understand auto insurance and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like distracted driving and bad credit can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies. View prices
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A tip to remember is to try to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to compare as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a fair price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Just remember that comparing a large number of companies helps you find the best rates. Some smaller insurers do not give online price quotes, so it’s important to also get rates from them as well.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Laredo, TX. To buy the cheapest car insurance in Texas, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Companies offer money-saving discounts on Volkswagen Golf insurance in Laredo
Car insurance can be pricey, but there could be available discounts to help bring down the price. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be specially asked for in order for you to get them. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars on the same car insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Bundle and Save – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with the same insurance company you may save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Volkswagen may enable drivers to earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction with select insurance companies.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all car insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like Allstate and Progressive allow you one accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
The illustration below compares Volkswagen Golf insurance prices with and without discounts applied. The information is based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
The best car insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, and good student.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include bundle discounts, multi-car, accident prevention training, anti-theft, teen safe driver, and drive less.
- American Family offers premium reductions for mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, early bird, air bags, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- MetLife offers discounts including claim-free, good driver, multi-policy, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- GEICO discounts include anti-theft, defensive driver, driver training, membership and employees, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford has savings for vehicle fuel type, good student, defensive driver, anti-theft, driver training, bundle, and air bag.
If you need affordable Laredo car insurance quotes, ask all the companies the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in your area. For a list of insurers with discount rates in Laredo, click here.
Data for Volkswagen Golf insurance
The data table shown next showcases estimates of coverage costs for Volkswagen Golf models. Learning how auto insurance premiums are established can assist in making smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Golf 2.5 2-Dr Hatchback||$268||$538||$392||$24||$118||$1,340||$112|
|Golf 2.5 4-Dr Hatchback||$302||$538||$392||$24||$118||$1,374||$115|
|Golf 2.0T Turbo Diesel 2-Dr Hatchback||$302||$620||$392||$24||$118||$1,456||$121|
|Golf 2.0T Turbo Diesel 4-Dr Hatchback||$302||$538||$392||$24||$118||$1,374||$115|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in specific Laredo garaging location which can lower or raise premiums considerably.
Full coverage or liability only
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen Golf auto insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The rates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no definitive formula of when to stop paying for physical damage insurance, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Volkswagen Golf settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying in excess of $200 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some situations where dropping full coverage is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
Many things are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, although others are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
Remove unneeded extra coverages – Insurance policies have a lot of additional coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your Golf policy. Coverages for coverage for rental cars, towing, and extra equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may sound like good ideas at first, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so get rid of them and save.
Men drivers tend to cost more – Over time, data shows that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. They both are in auto accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species get into accidents with more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men get cited for more serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Youthful male drivers have the highest risk to insure and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
The illustration below shows the difference between Volkswagen Golf auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no violations or accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
Multiple policies with one company – Some insurance companies apply a discount to policyholders who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, consumers should still get quotes from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates.
Driving citations can increase prices – Whether or not you get tickets influences premium rates substantially. Attentive drivers have lower premiums than bad drivers. Only having one moving violation can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with dangerous violations like DUI or willful reckless driving may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
The chart below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault collisions impact Volkswagen Golf annual premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The information is based on a married male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Never have insurance lapses – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a guaranteed way to bump up your insurance costs. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Higher rates for stressful occupations – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Careers like military personnel, airline pilots, and stock brokers usually pay higher rates than the rest of us because of intense work-related stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, jobs such as scientists, students and the unemployed pay the least.
Fewer miles means better rates – Driving a lot of miles each year the more it will cost to insure it. Most companies charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Cars that sit idle most of the time can get a lower rate than those that get driven frequently. An incorrectly rated Golf is throwing money out the window. Verify your vehicle rating is rated on the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
Liability coverage limits are a factor – The liability coverage on your policy is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are responsible for personal injury or accident damage. Your policy’s liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Insurance losses for a Volkswagen Golf – Car insurance companies use past insurance losses as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that the data determines to have increased losses will cost more for specific coverages.
The next table shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Volkswagen Golf vehicles. For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is considered to be 100. Values that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years