We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Drivers who compare rates once a year will probably switch companies because they have good chances of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent car insurance study revealed that people who routinely compared rates saved approximately $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding low prices for Subaru BRZ insurance is your target objective, then having some knowledge of how to shop and compare insurance can help simplify the process.
Truthfully, the best way to get the cheapest Subaru BRZ insurance in Laredo is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Texas.
Step 1: Try to understand how auto insurance works and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like accidents, careless driving, and bad credit can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for the details to prevent high rates and find additional discounts.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Laredo. If you can save some money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the application along with any required down payment for your new coverage. Make sure you keep your new certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
An important part of this process is to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
When looking for cheaper Laredo auto insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to compare rate quotes from lots of Texas insurance companies. The best method to compare Subaru BRZ insurance prices involves getting comparison quotes online.
Keep in mind that getting more free quotes will increase your chances of finding the best offered rates. Not every company allows you to get rate quotes online, so you also need to get price estimates on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below provide quotes in Laredo, TX. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Save money with these price cutting discounts
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there are discounts available to help bring down the price. A few discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but some need to be specially asked for before being credited. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Sign Early and Save – Some larger companies reward drivers for switching companies before your current coverage expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers that enable their insurance company to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Student Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver’s education class as it can save substantially.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Putting insurance coverage on a new BRZ can cost up to 25% less because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Student Discounts – Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Laredo auto insurance quote.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you could get a free auto insurance policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To see a list of companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Laredo, click here.
Learn How to Get Insurance More Affordably
It’s important that you understand some of the things that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. When you understand what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you cheaper rates.
The following are some of the things that factor into your rate level.
Your car’s features help determine premiums – Selecting a car model that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Systems that thwart thieves like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help stop vehicle theft.
Liability coverage claims can be big – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Keep rates low by being claim-free – Companies in Texas generally give the best rates to people who file claims infrequently. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Auto insurance is intended for larger claims.
Avoid traffic tickets – Your driving citation history has a huge affect on how much you pay. Attentive drivers receive lower rates as compared to careless drivers. Even one ticket could increase your next policy renewal by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have gotten multiple violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may face state-mandated requirements to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
Subaru BRZ insurance loss statistics – Insurers use claims history to calculate a price that will offset losses. Models that are shown to have increased losses will have higher rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the loss history for Subaru BRZ vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average is considered to be 100. Percentage values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentages above 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When should I have guidance from an insurance agent?
A small number of people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to insurance agents in Laredo who will give competitive quotes to get your business. There is no reason to visit any agencies because prices are sent to your email. It’s the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right provider shouldn’t rely on just the price. Before buying a policy in Laredo, get answers to these questions.
- Which family members are covered?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reliable agent, there are two different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agents can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company like Allstate and State Farm. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some consumers prefer to buy from the same agent for years partially due to the prominent brand name rather than low price.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Laredo willing to provide price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance – Manuel Benavides
4001 McPherson Rd #105 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 725-5901 – View Map
- Texas Farm Bureau Insurance – Juancarlo Rendon
507 E Expy 83 – Pharr, TX 78577 – (956) 787-8844 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Edgar Gonzalez
2702 Jaime Zapata Memorial Hwy #1 – Laredo, TX 78043 – (956) 284-0111 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents often have affiliation with several companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you.
When comparing insurance rates, you should always check rates from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Many independent agencies also insure through additional companies that you may not be familiar with that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following are Laredo independent insurance agencies that can give you price quotes.
- Amco Insurance
505 Lafayette St – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 722-5300 – View Map
- Medina Wright Insurance
1419 Clark Blvd – Laredo, TX 78040 – (956) 722-4618 – View Map
- Benavides~Arellano Insurance
5901 McPherson Rd – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 723-0688 – View Map
When selecting coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- If my Subaru BRZ is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Quote more to save more
Low-cost Subaru BRZ insurance in Laredo can be bought both online and also from your neighborhood Laredo agents, so you need to quote Laredo auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent insurance agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, someone sacrificed collision coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent, denial of a claim and delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right auto insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Who Has the Cheapest Laredo Car Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Immigrants in Laredo? (FAQ)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)