Car owners who are new to the process of price shopping car insurance online could find locating cheap Stratus insurance is more work than they thought.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that about 70% of customers have bought insurance from the same company for more than four years, and almost half have never compared insurance rates at all. Many consumers in America could save themselves approximately $860 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to save money by comparing rate quotes.
If you have coverage now, you should be able to get lower rates using the techniques covered below. The purpose of this article is to introduce you to how auto insurance companies operate and some money-saving tips. But Texas consumers can benefit from knowing how the larger insurance companies determine prices because it can help you find the best coverage.
The most recommended method to get policy rate comparisons for Dodge Stratus insurance in Laredo is to understand auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like driver ages, any included safety features, level of coverage desired, and how much you drive. The data is submitted instantly to many of the top insurers and they respond with quotes very quickly.
To find lower cheap Dodge Stratus insurance rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Texas. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in TX, we recommend you compare several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Laredo, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Stratus has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your Dodge but also your assets. It will also pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Stratus more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
These discounts can slash Dodge Stratus insurance rates
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you might already qualify for some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some of these discounts will be visible when you complete an application, but some must be specifically requested before you get the savings. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory options such as air bags can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow their car insurance company to monitor driving manner by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Online Discount – A handful of car insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy on the internet.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies give discounts for signing up early. This can save 10% or more.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger insurance companies have a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Drive Less and Save – Low annual miles could qualify for discounted car insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce your overall premium however.
A few companies that may have some of the above discounts include:
When quoting, ask all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not be offered in Laredo.
Are insurance agencies obsolete?
Many drivers would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
By using this simple form, your information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Laredo who will gladly provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to you. You can find the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to compare prices from one company in particular, just jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking an insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Before buying a policy in Laredo, get answers to these questions.
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
If you want a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they work. Auto insurance policy providers can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are trained well on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Laredo that can give you price quotes.
- Kevin Romo – State Farm Insurance Agent
7917 McPherson Rd #208 – Laredo, TX 78045 – (956) 753-9337 – View Map
- Anabella Herbig – State Farm Insurance Agent
315 Calle Del Norte Dr #103 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 725-1617 – View Map
- Texas Farm Bureau Insurance – Melissa Arce
1505 Calle Del Norte Dr #210 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 712-3276 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These agents are not locked into one company so they can quote policies amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing rates, you will want to include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with small regional insurance companies which may provide better rates.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Laredo that are able to give rate quotes.
- J and E Insurance
1701 S Malinche Ave – Laredo, TX 78046 – (956) 791-1633 – View Map
- All Around Insurance Agency, LLC
3401 N Arkansas Ave – Laredo, TX 78043 – (956) 712-1255 – View Map
- Cavazos Insurance Agency
2107 San Bernardo Ave – Laredo, TX 78040 – (956) 723-4623 – View Map
Upon getting satisfactory answers to these questions and a good coverage price, you may have found an insurance agent that meets your needs to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Find cheaper auto insurance prices by comparing often
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, policy non-renewal, delays in responding to claim requests or even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is not as hard as you think.
Cheap Dodge Stratus insurance in Laredo can be found from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not provide rate quotes online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
We’ve covered many tips how you can lower your Dodge Stratus insurance car insurance rates in Laredo. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with an unexpected company.
How to find cheaper Dodge Stratus insurance in Laredo
The preferred way to save money on car insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from insurers who provide auto insurance in Laredo. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as speeding and poor credit rating can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. Get quotes now
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application for the new coverage. Immediately place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
One piece of advice is to try to compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to analyze as many companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
More information is located at these links:
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Teachers in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Laredo Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4 in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)