Unbelievable but true, a large majority of insurance policyholders have remained with the same insurance company for over three years, and almost half have never shopped around. Laredo consumers could save roughly $1,800 every year, but they think it’s difficult to find lower-cost insurance rates.
The most effective way to find more affordable Pontiac Vibe insurance in Laredo is to compare prices once a year from different companies in Texas. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- Spend some time learning about coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many factors that result in higher prices such as your driving record and a bad credit score can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the newly selected company. As soon as you have the new policy, put the new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One bit of advice is to make sure you enter similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
If you are already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to find better prices using the techniques covered below. Pricing the best protection in Laredo is simple if you know the tricks. But Texas car owners can benefit from knowing how the larger insurance companies price online insurance and use this information to your advantage.
Five Tips to Get Cheap Laredo Insurance Rates
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that play a part in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower car insurance prices. Many different elements are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although others are more obscure such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
Incidental coverages that aren’t used – Insurance policies have a lot of extra bells and whistles you can purchase if you aren’t diligent. Add-on coverages like personal injury protection, towing, and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. The coverages may be enticing when talking to your agent, but if you don’t need them remove them and pocket the money.
Safer cars lower rates – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Vehicles built for safety reduce the chance of injuries and any reduction in injury severity means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums.
Tickets will cost you – A bad driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to careless drivers. Having a single speeding ticket can bump up the cost by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have received flagrant violations like DUI or reckless driving may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The illustration below shows how violations and accident claims can raise Pontiac Vibe car insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Advanced alarm systems – Driving a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
Gender and auto insurance prices – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, this does not mean males are worse at driving than females. They both cause fender benders at a similar rate, but men tend to have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
The chart below shows the difference between Pontiac Vibe insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no accidents, no driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
The majority of larger companies provide coverage price quotes on the web. Getting online quotes for Pontiac Vibe insurance in Laredo is quite simple as you simply type in the coverages you want as requested by the quote form. Once entered, their quoting system pulls reports for credit and driving violations and provides a quote based on these and other factors.
Being able to quote online for Pontiac Vibe insurance in Laredo makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is imperative to do this in order to get a better rate.
To save time and compare rates using this form now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you complete the form with deductibles and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will have a price comparison for the exact same coverage.
The companies in the list below offer comparison quotes in Laredo, TX. If you want cheaper car insurance in Laredo, we suggest you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Rates and data analysis
The data table displayed below highlights detailed analysis of prices for Pontiac Vibe models. Having a better understanding of how insurance quotes are calculated can be of help when making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in garaging location in Laredo which can impact auto insurance rates noticeably.
Do you need full coverage?
The chart below illustrates the difference between Pontiac Vibe insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The costs are based on no claims or driving citations, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no definitive rule to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Pontiac Vibe book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premiums are more than $700 annually to have full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Three reasons to insure your Vibe
Even though it can be expensive, auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Vibe has a lienholder, most banks will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Pontiac for a much higher rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average driver in Texas is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Cheap Pontiac Vibe insurance in Laredo
Auto insurance companies don’t list all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Laredo auto insurance online.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a new policy prior to your current Vibe insurance policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking time to complete a defensive driving course could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen and will save you 10% or more on Vibe insurance in Laredo.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your prices slightly.
- No Claims – Laredo drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates when compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts will help reduce your policy premiums.
The example below compares Pontiac Vibe annual premium costs with and without some available policy discounts. The price estimates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
The best car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- GEICO has savings for good student, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, and air bags.
- SAFECO includes discounts for multi-car, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, safe driver, and teen safe driver.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, multiple autos, student away at school, and defensive driving training.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including good student, claim-free, accident-free, good driver, and defensive driver.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include driver training, homeowners, defensive driver, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies to give you their best rates. Savings may not be offered in your area. To view insurers who offer cheap Pontiac Vibe insurance quotes in Texas, click here to view.
Buying car insurance from Laredo auto insurance agents
Some people would prefer to have an agent’s advice. A good thing about price shopping on the web is you can get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area that give free quotes for your business. You won’t even need to contact an agency because prices are sent immediately to you. It’s the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good company should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Does their agency support local causes in Laredo?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
Shown below is a list of car insurance companies in Laredo who can help you get comparison quotes for Pontiac Vibe insurance in Laredo.
- FalconSure Insurance Agency
7718 McPherson Rd #3 – Laredo, TX 78045 – (956) 794-9700 – View Map
- Insurance and Financial Services At Champions LLC
6019 McPherson Rd Ste 6 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 717-5770 – View Map
- Gonzalez H P Insurance Agency
1910 Corpus Christi St – Laredo, TX 78043 – (956) 725-5015 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Marcus Moreno
1705 E Del Mar Blvd Ste 105a – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 725-4934 – View Map
Upon getting good feedback to these questions as well as a affordable price, you may have just found an provider that is professional and can insure your vehicles. It’s important to know that policyholders can cancel a policy for any reason so don’t feel you are locked into a specific company with no way to switch.
What is the best car insurance company in Texas?
Ending up with the top company is hard considering how many different companies sell coverage in Laredo. The company ratings listed below may help you analyze which coverage providers you want to consider when shopping around.
Top 10 Laredo Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Car insurance can get complicated
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique and your car insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions might point out whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Pontiac Vibe to commute?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Cheap car insurance premiums are out there
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
You just read a lot of ways to reduce Pontiac Vibe insurance rates online in Laredo. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates are with a smaller regional carrier. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Additional learning opportunities
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Laredo? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)