Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for more competitive Pontiac GTO insurance in Laredo? Have you had enough of robbing Peter to pay Paul each month for auto insurance? You are in the same boat as many other Texas drivers.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that most auto insurance customers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Many consumers in Laredo could cut their rates by approximately $1,800 a year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the big savings they would realize if they switched to a more affordable policy. Since you have so many different company options, it can be hard to pick the most affordable auto insurance company.
Locating the best rates in Laredo is really not that difficult. If you’re already insured or are looking for a new policy, you will benefit by learning to shop for the lowest rates and possibly find even better coverage. Smart shoppers only need to know the most effective way to compare different rates online.
Pontiac GTO Insurance Costs Can Be Lower
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower car insurance prices. Lots of factors are used when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, although some other factors are less obvious such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
The list below includes some of the things used by your company to calculate your prices.
Safer cars means cheaper insurance – Vehicles with good safety scores cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce the chance of injuries and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts which can mean better rates for you.
Higher physical damage deductibles lower costs – Physical damage protection, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your Pontiac. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a windshield shattered by a rock, damage from fire, and having your car stolen. Your deductibles tell how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more damage repair cost you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
Location can modify price – Choosing to live in less populated areas is a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. People in densely populated areas tend to have traffic congestion and more time behind the wheel. More time behind the wheel means higher likelihood of an accident.
Type of car determines base premiums – The performance of the car you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in determining your rates. The lowest premiums are generally reserved for small economy passenger vehicles, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Married drivers pay less – Having a significant other actually saves money when buying car insurance. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
Cheaper rates by bundling – Most larger car insurance companies provide lower prices to clients who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to 10 percent or more. Even with this discount, it’s always a smart idea to compare Pontiac GTO rates in Laredo to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still be able to find lower rates by splitting coverages up.
Prices can be impacted by your vocation – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Careers such as fire fighters, business owners, and stock brokers generally have higher premium rates attributed to intense work-related stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, occupations such as actors, athletes and retirees have lower than average premiums.
Premiums are affected by your credit rating – Credit history will be a significant factor in determining what you pay. So if your credit score is low, you may save money insuring your Pontiac GTO by improving your rating. Drivers with high credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with lower credit scores.
The companies in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Texas. If your goal is to find cheaper car insurance in Laredo, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need Pontiac GTO insurance in Texas
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Laredo, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Pontiac, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Pontiac at a much higher rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Pontiac gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $869 every year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise the entire discount list very clearly, so the list below contains both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in Laredo can earn you a little savings because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory options such as air bags can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Participating in a class that teaches defensive driver techniques can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% and get you cheaper GTO insurance.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies provide a small discount simply for signing digitally online.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Accident-free drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Car insurance companies that may offer policyholders these benefits include:
Check with each company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in Laredo.
When to talk to an insurance agency
A lot of people would prefer to have an agent’s advice and we recommend doing that Most agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data is transmitted to companies in Laredo that can give you free Laredo auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If you wish to compare rates from a particular provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. A good agent in Laredo will have answers to these questions.
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Laredo?
If you want a good Laredo insurance agent, there are two different agency structures that you can choose from. Insurance agents can be described as either independent or exclusive. Both types of agents can write insurance policies, but it is important to understand why they differ because it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Laredo who can help you get comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents do not have single company limitations so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
When comparing insurance rates, you absolutely need to include rate quotes from independent agents to maximize your price options.
Below are Laredo independent insurance agents willing to provide rate quotes.
All Around Insurance Agency, LLC
3401 N Arkansas Ave – Laredo, TX 78043 – (956) 712-1255 – View Map
After talking to the agent and getting satisfactory answers and an acceptable price quote, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that is reliable enough to properly insure your vehicles. But remember, you have the power to cancel your coverage whenever you want so never feel that you are obligated to a specific company indefinitely.
Best car insurance in Laredo
Picking the highest-rated car insurance provider is hard considering how many companies there are to choose from in Laredo. The ranking data below can help you select which coverage providers you want to consider purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Laredo Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Top 10 Laredo Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Do I just need basic coverages?
Always remember that when buying your policy for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Persistent drivers can save
We just presented many ways to shop for Pontiac GTO insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Laredo auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
There are still a few companies who may not have the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents. Budget-conscious Pontiac GTO insurance is attainable both online as well as from independent agents in Laredo, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
As you restructure your insurance plan, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
How to find low-cost Pontiac GTO insurance in Laredo
The best way we recommend to get the cheapest Pontiac GTO insurance in Laredo is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers in Texas. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about individual coverages and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like traffic citations, accidents, and a poor credit score can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new coverage. Be sure to safely store the proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The key thing to remember is to use the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get rates from every insurance company. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
To read more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Malibu in Laredo? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for College Graduates in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)