How long has it been since you sat down and looked for more affordable insurance rates in Laredo, TX? Laredo buyers have options when searching for affordable Mercury Montego insurance. They can either spend hours calling around to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to compare rates.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for insurance so we’re going to tell you the proper way to get price quotes on a Mercury and get the lowest price either online or from Laredo insurance agents.
If you already have coverage or just want cheaper coverage, use these techniques to find better prices while maintaining coverages. We hope to instruct you on the best methods to compare rates and also save some money in the process Comparison shoppers just have to know the most time-saving way to compare company rates online from multiple companies.
Cheapest companies for Mercury Montego insurance in Texas
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Texas. To get cheap auto insurance in TX, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
Affordable Mercury Montego insurance in Laredo
Car insurance can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even know about. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but some must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles with the same auto insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Paperless Signup – Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive shop Laredo car insurance on the web.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but some companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO permit an accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better prices.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class if offered at their school.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking part in a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
You should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies with the best discounts in Laredo, click here to view.
What if I want to buy from local Laredo auto insurance agents?
A small number of people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is just fine! Most agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheaper auto insurance rates and also buy local. And providing support for local agents is still important in Laredo.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information is immediately sent to participating agents in Laredo who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. There is no need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. In the event you want to quote rates from one company in particular, you can always navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Two types of car insurance agents
If you prefer to buy car insurance from an insurance agent, there are two types of agencies and how they function. Agencies in Laredo can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can properly insure your vehicles, but we need to point out how they differ because it may have an impact on which agent you choose.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company so they can write business with multiple insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you.
When comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you compare prices from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to lesser-known insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Laredo that may be able to give you pricing information.
- Laurel Insurance
4519 San Bernardo Ave – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 723-3785 – View Map
- Alphasure Affordable Insurance Services
1620 Chihuahua St – Laredo, TX 78043 – (956) 729-9500 – View Map
- Benavides~Arellano Insurance
5901 McPherson Rd – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 723-0688 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Laredo that are able to give rate quotes.
- Anabella Herbig – State Farm Insurance Agent
315 Calle Del Norte Dr #103 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 725-1617 – View Map
- Beto Gonzalez – State Farm Insurance Agent
502 W Calton Rd #104 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 726-0547 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Raul R. Martinez Jr
3802 TX-359 Ste 5 – Laredo, TX 78043 – (956) 729-8884 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency requires more thought than just the price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Does their agency support local causes in Laredo?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
Parts of your insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (30/60/25), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Usually these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage covers damage to your Montego caused by collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things such as colliding with a tree, damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a building, colliding with another moving vehicle and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your Montego to bring the cost down.
This pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as damage from flooding, damage from getting keyed, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see values of 30/60/25 that translate to $30,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $60,000, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims like structural damage, pain and suffering, legal defense fees, repair costs for stationary objects and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Texas state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not be adequate.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills for things like doctor visits, nursing services, dental work, hospital visits and ambulance fees. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
What is YOUR best insurance company?
When buying insurance coverage, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Cheap Mercury Montego insurance in Laredo is definitely available from both online companies and from local agencies, so you need to quote Laredo car insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not offer online quoting and usually these regional carriers work with local independent agents.
You just learned a lot of tips how to reduce Mercury Montego insurance premium rates online in Laredo. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
How to find affordable quotes for Mercury Montego insurance in Laredo
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find cheaper Mercury Montego insurance in Laredo is to compare quotes annually from insurers who sell auto insurance in Texas. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Read and learn about how companies set rates and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as speeding tickets, accidents and a less-than-favorable credit score can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple sources. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Tell your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new insurance company. Don’t forget to put the new certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to compare the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Additional insurance information is located on the following sites:
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Laredo Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for State Employees in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)