It’s amazing but the vast majority of auto insurance customers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Many drivers in Laredo could save roughly $1,800 every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they think it’s difficult to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from insurers who sell auto insurance in Laredo. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
Step 1: Try to learn a little about what is in your policy and the things you can control to lower rates. Many things that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unacceptable credit score can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Notify your agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment for your new policy. When you receive it, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A key point to remember is to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get quotes from every company you can. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
How Insurance Companies Calculate Lexus LX 570 Insurance Costs
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that help determine the price you pay for insurance. If you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
Shown below are just a few of the factors used by insurance companies to determine your rate level.
- Safer the car lower the rate – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Lexus has at least four stars on Safercar.gov it may cost less to insure.
- Your employer is a factor – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs such as military personnel, architects, and dentists generally have higher rates than average in part from intense work-related stress and lots of time spent away from family. Other jobs such as farmers, athletes and performers get better rates.
High performance equals high rates – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you own makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. Low performance passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The following data uses these assumptions: married male driver age 30, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Lexus LX 570 car insurance rates compared to other makes and models that have different risk factors.
- Gaps in coverage mean higher rates – Driving your car without having proper coverage is against the law and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance could result in a revoked license or a big fine. You will then be forced to file a SR-22 with the Texas department of motor vehicles.
Do women or men drive better? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. However, this does not mean females are better at driving than males. Both sexes get in at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. In addition to higher claims, males also get higher numbers of serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
The example below compares Lexus LX 570 annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Where do you drive? – Driving more miles annually the more it will cost to insure it. The majority of insurers calculate rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. An improperly rated LX 570 is throwing money out the window. It’s a good idea to make sure your insurance coverage shows the right rating data, because it can save money.
- Use credit responsibly and save – A driver’s credit score is a big factor in determining your rates. People with excellent credit tend to be more responsible than drivers with bad credit. If your credit rating is not that good, you could save money insuring your Lexus LX 570 by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Claims statistics for a Lexus LX 570 – Insurers include the past claim history for a vehicle to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Vehicles that statistically have increased claim numbers or amounts will have increased rates.
The next table shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Lexus LX 570 vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as an average, is considered to be 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 point to more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Lexus LX 570 Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lexus LX 570 4dr 4WD 140 96 217 49BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
The quickest way to compare policy rates for Lexus LX 570 insurance in Laredo is to know most of the bigger providers participate in a system to give you rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide a little information including distance driven, the make and model of your vehicles, if you went to college, and if the car is leased. The data is instantly sent to many different companies and they return cost estimate immediately.
To compare rates for your car now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Laredo, TX. If your goal is to find the best car insurance in Texas, we suggest you compare several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Data for Lexus LX 570 insurance
The information displayed next highlights different insurance coverage prices for Lexus LX 570 models. Being more informed about how auto insurance prices are established can be useful when making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|LX 570 4WD 4-Dr||$538||$1046||$514||$30||$154||$2,282||$190|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in specific garaging location which can raise or lower prices substantially.
Drive safe and save
The example below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions drive up Lexus LX 570 annual premium costs for each different age category. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Insurance protects more than just your car
Even though Laredo LX 570 insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Lexus LX 570, most banks will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Lexus for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America overpays as much as $865 each year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to save money.
Get cheaper rates by getting discounts
Some insurance providers do not list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the best known as well as the least known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Laredo auto insurance online.
- Laredo Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Driver Education Discount – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Online Discount – A few car insurance companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application on your computer.
- Early Signing – Some companies provide a discount for buying a new policy prior to your current LX 570 insurance policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get Laredo auto insurance quotes online.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a certain period of time.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Lexus LX 570 insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. Data assumes a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- State Farm includes discounts for anti-theft, defensive driving training, good student, good driver, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and student away at school.
- Esurance offers discounts including Pac-12 alumni, good driver, multi-policy, online quote, and safety device.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, good student, homeowner, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for good student, new graduate, newly married, newly retired, exclusive group savings, multi-policy, and teen driver discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for mature driver, paperless, good student, anti-theft, group or association, and student away at school.
- GEICO may have discounts that include federal employee, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, and defensive driver.
Before buying, ask each company or agent which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in every state. If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Texas, click this link.
Are insurance agents of importance?
Certain consumers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
Upon completion of this short form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You never need to leave your house since price quotes are sent instantly to you. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Before buying a policy in Laredo, get answers to these questions.
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Laredo for you
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from local Laredo agents, you should know the types of agencies and how they function. Auto insurance agencies may be either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are very knowledgeable on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following are Laredo exclusive insurance agencies that can give you rate quotes.
- State Farm: Manuel Gomez III
4311 Clark Blvd – Laredo, TX 78043 – (956) 333-0000 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Jorge A Monsivais
414 Shiloh Dr Unit 1 – Laredo, TX 78045 – (956) 722-0087 – View Map
- Texas Farm Bureau Insurance – Melissa Arce
1505 Calle Del Norte Dr #210 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 712-3276 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents can quote rates with many companies so they can write business amongst many companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company which makes it simple for you. When shopping rates, you will definitely want to compare quotes from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with smaller regional carriers which can save you money.
Listed below are Laredo independent agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
- J.J. MARTINEZ INSURANCE AGENCY
2101 Springfield Ave – Laredo, TX 78040 – (956) 723-7480 – View Map
- Laredo Commercial Insurance Agency
5711 McPherson Rd #202 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 729-0799 – View Map
- Protection Insurance Agency
1020 Washington St – Laredo, TX 78040 – (956) 723-9542 – View Map
Compare but don’t skimp
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including high prices, high rates after DUI convictions, poor customer service or extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies can be less work than you think.
Discount Lexus LX 570 insurance in Laredo is available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Laredo auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional carriers sell through independent agents.
We covered many ideas to compare Lexus LX 570 insurance prices in Laredo. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Lexus LX 570 insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best prices are with a small mutual company.
More tips and info about insurance is available in these articles:
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Malibu in Laredo? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest After a Speeding Ticket in Laredo? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50 in Laredo? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)