If you want to save the most money, the best way to find lower priced car insurance rates in Laredo is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers in Texas.
- Step 1: Try to learn about how auto insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like traffic citations and an unacceptable credit score can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article gives additional ideas to help prevent costly coverage and find overlooked discounts.
- Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple sources. View prices
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Tell your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for your new policy. Once the application is submitted, store the certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
An important note is to compare the same level of coverage on every quote and and to compare as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
It’s safe to conclude that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Consumers who shop around for better prices are very likely to switch to a new company because the odds are good of finding a lower rate. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who compared rate quotes regularly saved over $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the best price on car insurance in Laredo is your goal, then having some insight into how to find and compare insurance can save time, money, and frustration.
If you have coverage now, you will most likely be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using these methods. Locating the best rates in Laredo is actually quite easy if you know where to start. Although Texas consumers can benefit from knowing how insurance companies determine how much to charge because it can help you find the best coverage.
Learn How to Find Insurance at a Discount
When buying insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that are used to determine the price you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get cheaper rates.
The list below includes some of the major factors used by companies to determine prices.
- Marriage brings a discount – Having a spouse can get you a discount on your insurance policy. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- How many miles do you drive? – Driving more miles in a year’s time the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of companies calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Autos that have low annual miles receive lower rates than those that get driven frequently. Make sure your insurance coverage is rated on how each vehicle is driven. A policy that improperly rates your WRX is throwing money out the window.
- Do you have a demanding occupation? – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupational choices like military personnel, airline pilots, and emergency personnel are shown to have the highest average rates because of high stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, careers such as scientists, historians and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
- Poor credit decisions can cost you – Credit score will be a significant factor in determining premium rates. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. So if your credit rating could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Subaru WRX by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Don’t cut corners with liability protection – The liability section of your policy is the protection if you are ruled to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so do not cut corners here.
Loss statistics for a Subaru WRX – Insurance companies analyze historical claim data when setting premium prices. Vehicles that tend to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher rates.
The table below demonstrates the historical loss data for Subaru WRX vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or statistically larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Subaru WRX Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru WRX 4WD 141 82 158 94 81 84BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that making a lot of price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding the best price. Not every company allows you to get online rate quotes, so you need to compare prices from those companies as well.
The car insurance companies shown below offer free quotes in Texas. To buy the cheapest car insurance in Texas, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Three reasons to insure your WRX
Despite the high insurance cost for a Subaru WRX in Laredo, buying auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Subaru, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Subaru for a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Subaru as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost Laredo auto insurance quotes
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that you may not even know about. Many discounts should be triggered at quote time, but less common discounts must be requested specifically before you get the savings. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Data Collection Discounts – Policyholders that allow companies to look at driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies will give you a small discount get Laredo auto insurance on your computer.
- Homeowners Savings – Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings because it is proof that your finances are in order.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Laredo auto insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a course in defensive driver could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies allow you one accident before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But all discounts should definitely cut the premium cost.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, accident-free, driver’s education, multiple autos, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
- Nationwide has savings for accident-free, family plan, business or organization, anti-theft, multi-policy, good student, and Farm Bureau membership.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, membership and employees, and five-year accident-free.
- AAA may include discounts for education and occupation, multi-policy, pay-in-full, multi-car, AAA membership discount, and good student.
- 21st Century discounts include good student, driver training, 55 and older, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, and teen driver.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for bundle, anti-theft, driver training, air bag, defensive driver, and good student.
If you need affordable Laredo auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in your state. To see insurers that offer discounts in Laredo, click here.
Do I need an insurance agency?
Many drivers still like to buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Laredo that can provide free Laredo auto insurance quotes to get your business. You don’t have to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, just search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good company needs to be determined by more than just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
Two types of Laredo car insurance agents
If you want to use a reliable insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures that you can select. Insurance agencies can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Agents in the exclusive channel have only one company to place business with and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. They receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below are Laredo exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you. When comparing insurance rates, you should always get some free quotes from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
The following is a list of independent agents in Laredo willing to provide price quote information.
Once you have received acceptable answers and an affordable coverage quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that is reliable enough to provide insurance coverage.
More comparisons equals cheap rates
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to compare Subaru WRX insurance prices in Laredo. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Laredo auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. The goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
Cheap Subaru WRX insurance in Laredo can be bought online as well as from independent agents in Laredo, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Teachers in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Laredo Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)