It’s a fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. People who shop around for a cheaper policy will, in all likelihood, move their business because of the high probability of finding a lower-priced company. A recent survey found that people who routinely shopped around saved an average of $3,400 over four years compared to policyholders who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the cheapest price on insurance in Laredo is your objective, then having an understanding of the best way to shop and compare insurance can make the process less intimidating.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find better pricing on auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers in Laredo. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about how car insurance works and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many factors that drive up the price such as high-risk driving behaviors and a less-than-favorable credit score can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article provides ideas to get low prices and find discounts that may have been missed.
Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to compare identical coverage information on every price quote and and to compare as many companies as you can. This provides the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
If you currently have car insurance, you will be able to get lower rates using this information. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Laredo seems hard but is not really that difficult. Nevertheless, Texas car owners do need to understand the way insurance companies market on the web because it varies considerably.
It’s important to know that comparing all the rates in your area increases your odds of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Texas. If you wish to find the best cheap car insurance in Laredo, we recommend you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Laredo auto insurance discounts
Companies don’t list the entire discount list very well, so we took the time to find some of the best known and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with the same company you could save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Chevy may enable drivers to earn lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Drivers Education – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Telematics Data – Insureds who allow their insurance company to analyze driving manner remotely such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up before driving may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
Don’t be shocked that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Some companies that may include some of the above discounts are:
When quoting, ask every company which discounts they offer. Discounts may not apply to policies in every state. To view auto insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Buying from auto insurance agents
Some people just want to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this simple form, your insurance data is sent to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent immediately to you. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an provider should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
If you are searching for an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agents in Laredo may be either independent agents or exclusive agents.
These type of agents work for only one company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Laredo that are able to give comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles through many different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Laredo who can help you get rate quotes.
State Wide Auto Insurance Agency
Laredo, TX 78041 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 791-0800 – View Map
All Around Insurance Agency, LLC
3401 N Arkansas Ave – Laredo, TX 78043 – (956) 712-1255 – View Map
Insurance Premium Influencing Factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in lower rates.
- Keep the miles off and save – The more miles you rack up on your Chevy every year the higher your rate. A lot of companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time receive lower rates than those used for commuting. It’s always a good idea to double check that your car insurance declarations sheet reflects the right rating data. Incorrect rating for your Cruze may be wasting your money.
- No coverage gaps is important – Having an insurance coverage lapse can be a quick way to increase your renewal premiums. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a steep fine or even jail time. You may need to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Texas motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Cheaper car insurance rates with safer cars – Cars with high safety ratings cost less to insure. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you.
- Optional features can affect car insurance rates – Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart vehicle theft.
Claims statistics for a Chevy Cruze – Insurance companies use historical loss data to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claims will have increased rates.
The table below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Chevy Cruze vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Chevrolet Cruze Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Cruze 96 132 87 136 153 152BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need to buy auto insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Cruze insurance, insuring your vehicle is required in Texas but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy for a much higher rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves your Chevy and your assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $810 a year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Lower-priced Chevy Cruze insurance in Laredo is attainable from both online companies in addition to many Laredo insurance agents, so get free Laredo auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. A few companies may not provide online price quotes and many times these regional carriers work with independent insurance agencies.
We just presented a lot of techniques to shop for Chevy Cruze insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Laredo auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding affordable Laredo auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 17 Year Olds in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds in Laredo? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 21 in Laredo? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)