The preferred way to get discount Kia Sorento insurance in Laredo is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Texas.
First, read about how insurance works and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and an imperfect credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover ideas to get better rates and find overlooked discounts.
Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. Start a quote
Third, compare the quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find better rates and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new company. Be sure to place the new proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Remarkably, a study showed that nearly 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for four years or more, and 38% of customers have never compared rates with other companies. The average driver in Laredo could save almost $1,800 every year, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rates and save money.
If you are insured now, you will definitely be able to reduce the price you pay using the techniques presented in this article. This article’s intent is to familiarize you with how to compare rates easily and also pocket some savings But Texas consumers can benefit from knowing how companies determine premium rates because rates are impacted by many factors.
Informed Drivers Save More
Many different elements are used when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are not as apparent like where you live or how safe your car is. An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that go into determining the price you pay for auto insurance. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to big savings.
- Increase coverage deductibles and save – Insurance for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be colliding with a building, hail damage, and having your car stolen. Physical damage deductibles define how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The larger the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
- Keep insurance claims to a minimum – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies in Texas give lower rates to people who are claim-free. Auto insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Cars with good safety ratings save money – Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. Safe vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower rates of occupant injuries means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums. If the Kia Sorento has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may pay a lower rate.
- Lower performance equals lower insurance rates – The type of car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in your rates. Lower cost passenger vehicles normally have pretty low rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Liability protection safeguards assets – Your policy’s liability coverage will provide protection if ever you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. It provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Responsible credit equals lower costs – An insured’s credit score factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit score leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Kia Sorento if you clean up your credit. People with very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
Kia Sorento claim probability – Companies use past insurance losses to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Models that tend to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have a higher cost to insure. The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Kia Sorento vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together is equal to 100. Numbers under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Kia Sorento Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Kia Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Sorento 4dr 2WD 80 86 82 110 111 94 Kia Sorento 4dr 4WD 85 87 101 97 98 85BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
How to find cheap Kia Sorento insurance in Laredo, Texas
When comparison shopping, making a lot of price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding the best price. Some companies don’t provide online rate quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare price estimates from those companies as well.
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get rates from several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Car insurance is not optional in Texas
Despite the potentially high cost of Kia Sorento insurance, insuring your vehicle may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards both your Kia Sorento and your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Kia as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Texas overpays as much as $820 a year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Take policy discounts and save on Kia Sorento insurance in Laredo
Some insurers don’t always advertise every discount very well, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off depending on your car insurance provider.
- Early Signing – A few companies allow discounts for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Good Student Discount – Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but some companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO allow you one accident without raising rates so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy with the same company you could save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic. Any amount of discount should help reduce your overall bill.
To see insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Laredo, click this link.
Car insurance agents are trained to help
Many people would rather sit down and talk to an agent and we recommend doing that One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheaper auto insurance rates and also buy local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to insurance agents in Laredo that give free quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t even need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent to you instantly. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurance company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Laredo
If you want to buy car insurance from a local Laredo insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agents in Laredo are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents mostly because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Laredo that are able to give price quote information.
- Texas Farm Bureau Insurance – Melissa Arce
1505 Calle Del Norte Dr #210 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 712-3276 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Ricardo Rodriguez
5411 McPherson Rd #101 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 726-1906 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Carlos Nunez Jr.
1102 Marshall St #3 – Laredo, TX 78045 – (956) 763-2707 – View Map
Independent insurance agents are not locked into one company so they can quote policies with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to do anything.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, it’s recommended you get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many write coverage with small regional insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below are independent agencies in Laredo willing to provide rate quotes.
- J.J. MARTINEZ INSURANCE AGENCY
2101 Springfield Ave – Laredo, TX 78040 – (956) 723-7480 – View Map
- Alphasure Affordable Insurance Services
1620 Chihuahua St – Laredo, TX 78043 – (956) 729-9500 – View Map
- Protection Insurance Agency
1020 Washington St – Laredo, TX 78040 – (956) 723-9542 – View Map
Once you have answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have and inexpensive Kia Sorento insurance in Laredo quotes, most likely you have located an insurance agency that can insure your vehicles.
Which is the best auto insurance?
When it comes to choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions might point out whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Should I buy only the required Texas minimum liability coverage?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Is my Kia Sorento covered for smoke damage?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
More comparisons equals affordable rates
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, high rates after DUI convictions, policy cancellation and even lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching insurance companies is easier than you think.
There are still a few companies who may not provide internet price quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agents. Low-cost Kia Sorento insurance in Laredo is definitely available both online and from local agencies, so you need to compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
You just learned some good ideas how you can get a better price on Kia Sorento insurance in Laredo. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the lowest prices are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- How Much are Laredo Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Laredo? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Single Moms in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)