A recent auto insurance study discovered that about 70% of customers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never compared auto insurance rates at all. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers can cut their rates by as much as $850 a year, but most just don’t grasp the rate savings if they switched to a cheaper policy.
The easiest way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Laredo is to compare quotes once a year from companies who can sell car insurance in Texas.
First, try to learn a little about policy coverages and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as your driving record and a bad credit score can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Read the full article for information to get affordable coverage and find possible discounts that are available.
Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices from many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Laredo. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. Once coverage is bound, keep the new certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you enter identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to compare as many carriers as you can. Doing this provides a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
The purpose of this article is to help you learn how car insurance companies work and some tips to save money. If you have insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your rates using these techniques. Comparison shoppers just have to know the quickest method to compare rates online from multiple companies.
Determine discounts on Laredo insurance
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list their entire list of discounts very well, so below is a list both well-publicized as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get reduced rates.
- Multiple Cars – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Bundle and Save – If you can combine your home and auto policy and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Land Rover Range Rover insurance.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few insurance companies allow discounts for buying a policy prior to your current Range Rover insurance policy expiration. Ten percent is about the average savings.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
For a list of companies that offer many of these discounts in Texas, click this link.
The companies in the list below offer price quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Components of Your Land Rover Range Rover Insurance Rates
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but others are less obvious such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating. It’s important that you understand the different types of things that help determine auto insurance rates. If you know what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
The following are some of the things that factor into your premiums.
- Limits of liability coverage – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage is the protection in the event that a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Insurance rates for married couples – Being married can actually save you money on auto insurance. Having a spouse means you’re more financially stable and statistics prove being married results in fewer claims.
- Infrequent drivers can save – The higher the miles on your Land Rover annually the more you will pay for auto insurance. Most insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use cost less to insure than cars that get driven a lot. It’s always a good idea to double check that your vehicle rating correctly shows annual mileage, because it can save money. Improper usage on your Range Rover may be costing you.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can earn a premium discount. Theft deterrent systems like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all hinder your car from being stolen.
- Always keep your auto insurance in place – Going without insurance will be a quick way to pay more for auto insurance. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Land Rover Range Rover historical loss data – Companies use historical loss data to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Vehicles that historically have higher loss trends will cost more for specific coverages. The table below shows the actual insurance loss data for Land Rover Range Rover vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as an average, equals 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 indicate better than average losses, while values over 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Land Rover Range Rover Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 2dr 4WD 159 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 4dr 4WD 143 139 127 75 73 120 Land Rover Range Rover 4dr 4WD 169 116 332 34 104 Land Rover Range Rover 4dr LWB 4WD 223 397 Land Rover Range Rover Sport 4dr 4WD 166 103 252 47 46 88BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local agents and car insurance
Many people would rather buy from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Most agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from neighborhood agents is especially important in Laredo.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Laredo that can provide free Laredo car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, just search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Types of auto insurance agents in Laredo
If you are wanting to find a reputable agency, you should know the different types of agents and how they operate. Laredo agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types of agents can sell car insurance policies, but it’s good to learn why they differ because it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to get quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with smaller mutual companies which may have better rates.
Featured below is a small list of independent agents in Laredo that may be able to provide price quotes.
- South Texas Insurance
4815 San Bernardo Ave – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 729-1010 – View Map
- Protection Insurance Agency
1020 Washington St – Laredo, TX 78040 – (956) 723-9542 – View Map
- Medina Wright Insurance
1419 Clark Blvd – Laredo, TX 78040 – (956) 722-4618 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers sometimes choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Laredo willing to provide rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Rene Benavides
8218 Casa Verde Rd, A-5 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 723-9511 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Edgar Gonzalez
2702 Jaime Zapata Memorial Hwy #1 – Laredo, TX 78043 – (956) 284-0111 – View Map
- Kevin Romo – State Farm Insurance Agent
7917 McPherson Rd #208 – Laredo, TX 78045 – (956) 753-9337 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- What companies can they write with?
Why you need insurance for your Land Rover Range Rover
Despite the potentially high cost of Land Rover Range Rover insurance, car insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Land Rover at a significantly higher premium and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If your Land Rover gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having car insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $850 per year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Shop around and save
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like high prices, delays in responding to claim requests, high rates after DUI convictions and even policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company can be pretty painless.
There are still a few companies who do not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies work with independent agencies. Budget-conscious Land Rover Range Rover insurance is attainable online in addition to many Laredo insurance agents, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture.
More information can be found at the links below
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Malibu in Laredo? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Laredo? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for College Students in Laredo? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Retired Military in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60 in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Laredo Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Laredo Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)