The easiest way to get more affordable Kia Soul EV insurance in Laredo is to regularly compare prices from different companies who can sell car insurance in Texas. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, get a basic knowledge of what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many factors that drive up the price like accidents, traffic tickets, and a negative credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit a completed application and payment to your new carrier. As soon as you receive it, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with the vehicle registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
It’s a fact that insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Insureds who shop around for better prices are very likely to switch insurance companies because they have a good chance of finding more affordable rates. A recent study showed that people who compared rates regularly saved as much as $860 a year as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on auto insurance in Laredo is your objective, learning how to get rate quotes and compare car insurance can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
If you are insured now or are shopping for new coverage, you will benefit by learning to find better prices without reducing protection. This article’s intent is to help educate you on how car insurance companies work and also save some money in the process Comparison shoppers just have to use the best way to quote multiple rates from many different companies online.
Car insurance providers offering cheap price quotes in Texas
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Laredo, TX. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Laredo, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Slash your car insurance rates with these ten discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list all their discounts very well, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few companies give discounts for switching policies prior to your current Soul EV insurance policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on Soul EV insurance in Laredo.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning your own home or condo can help you save on car insurance since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking part in a defensive driver class can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Smart Student Discounts – This discount could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Multi-car Discount – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies provide a small discount for buying your policy online.
- Active Military Service – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works. Any amount of discount will reduce your policy premiums.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- AAA offers premium reductions for pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, good student, good driver, and education and occupation.
- Progressive has savings for good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm has discounts for driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, student away at school, good student, and safe vehicle.
- Esurance discounts include online quote, defensive driver, multi-car, safety device, Switch & Save, renters, and multi-policy.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, family plan, easy pay, good student, multi-policy, defensive driving, and accident-free.
When quoting, ask each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts might not be offered in Laredo.
Local Laredo insurance agents and car insurance
A small number of people still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! Professional agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. And supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in Laredo.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your business. You won’t need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, just go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
When finding a reputable agency, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Car insurance agents may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types of agents can write car insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence the type of agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel do not sell for just one brand and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing car insurance prices, it’s recommended you get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with small regional insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
The following are independent agencies in Laredo who may be able to give you price quote information.
- Benavides~Arellano Insurance
5901 McPherson Rd – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 723-0688 – View Map
- Laredo Commercial Insurance Agency
5711 McPherson Rd #202 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 729-0799 – View Map
- Insurance and Financial Services At Champions LLC
6019 McPherson Rd Ste 6 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 717-5770 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well schooled on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. A lot of people choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Laredo that are able to give price quote information.
- Texas Farm Bureau Insurance – Melissa Arce
1505 Calle Del Norte Dr #210 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 712-3276 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Cynthia Cardenas
6909 Springfield Ave #103 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 724-8200 – View Map
- Luis Estrada – State Farm Insurance Agent
3660 E Del Mar Blvd #9 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 568-8013 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Where are claims handled?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- How are claims handled?
What insurance coverages do I need?
When choosing a policy, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Your financial needs are unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Kia Soul EV?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Auto insurance 101
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find typical coverage types found on most auto insurance policies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Kia Soul EV.
Due to the fact that many Texas drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (Texas limits are 30/60/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time these coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims like hitting a parking meter, sustaining damage from a pot hole, rolling your car, crashing into a building and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible on your Soul EV in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as theft, hitting a deer and a broken windshield. The highest amount your auto insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for short-term medical expenses for things like hospital visits, ambulance fees and EMT expenses. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Liability auto insurance
This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property in an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 30/60/25 which stand for $30,000 bodily injury coverage, $60,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, repair costs for stationary objects and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Texas state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The chart below demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not be enough coverage.
The most affordable rates come from being thorough
When shopping online for insurance, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where someone dropped full coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost.
Cheaper Kia Soul EV insurance in Laredo can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Laredo, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not have internet price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell through independent agencies.
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)