Trying to find the cheapest Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Laredo? Trying to find low cost Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Laredo might be frustrating for drivers who are beginners to online rate comparisons. Drivers have so many choices that it can easily turn into a real difficult job to find more affordable prices on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance.
It goes without saying that auto insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Drivers who shop around for a cheaper policy will presumably switch to a new company because there is a good probability of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent study showed that consumers who routinely compared quotes saved $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest rates on car insurance in Laredo is your target objective, then understanding how to get free comparison quotes and analyze coverages can make it easier to find better rates.
It’s important to do rate comparisons at least once a year because auto insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the lowest premium rates on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Laredo a couple years back you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to find out one of the quickest ways to buy cheaper Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Laredo.
Cheap companies for Ford Shelby GT350 insurance
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Laredo, TX. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Companies offer money-saving discounts on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Laredo
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be significant discounts to help bring down the price. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about before you will receive the discount. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new Shelby GT350 can be considerably cheaper since newer models are generally safer.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles with one company qualifies for this discount.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Laredo car insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of companies will give a small break simply for signing on your computer.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, 55 and retired, youthful driver, renewal discount, and driver training.
- MetLife may offer discounts for multi-policy, good student, good driver, accident-free, and claim-free.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- AAA offers premium reductions for pay-in-full, good student, anti-theft, multi-policy, education and occupation, and good driver.
- American Family discounts include good student, accident-free, mySafetyValet, good driver, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, and early bird.
- GEICO offers discounts for emergency military deployment, driver training, multi-policy, air bags, and seat belt use.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, passive restraint, good driver, and anti-theft.
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply everywhere. To locate insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Texas, click this link.
Compare rates but still have a local Laredo insurance agent
A lot of people would rather buy from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheaper premium rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is important especially in Laredo.
After completing this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Laredo that provide free Laredo car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to contact an agency because prices are sent straight to your inbox. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
If you want to buy insurance from a good insurance agency, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance policy providers are classified as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company so they can write business with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing insurance prices, you will want to get some free quotes from independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many write coverage with smaller regional carriers which can save you money.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Laredo who may provide competitive price quotes.
- FalconSure Insurance Agency
7718 McPherson Rd #3 – Laredo, TX 78045 – (956) 794-9700 – View Map
- All Around Insurance Agency, LLC
3401 N Arkansas Ave – Laredo, TX 78043 – (956) 712-1255 – View Map
- Laredo Commercial Insurance Agency
5711 McPherson Rd #202 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 729-0799 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only place business with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Laredo who can help you get price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Pedro Sanchez
5916 San Bernardo Ave – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 722-8445 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Ricardo Rodriguez
5411 McPherson Rd #101 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 726-1906 – View Map
- Anabella Herbig – State Farm Insurance Agent
315 Calle Del Norte Dr #103 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 725-1617 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent should include more criteria than just a low price. Before buying a policy in Laredo, get answers to these questions.
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Texas?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Laredo?
How to find a good Texas car insurance company
Buying coverage from the right insurance provider is difficult considering how many different companies sell coverage in Laredo. The company ratings in the lists below may help you select which providers you want to consider purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Laredo Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Laredo Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Auto insurance coverages and their meanings
Learning about specific coverages of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as ambulance fees, funeral costs, EMT expenses, prosthetic devices and pain medications. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, rock chips in glass, damage from flooding and falling objects. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability insurance protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see values of 30/60/25 which stand for $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $60,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as funeral expenses, emergency aid, repair costs for stationary objects and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. Texas state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not be adequate.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Ford Shelby GT350.
Since many Texas drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (Texas limits are 30/60/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things like scraping a guard rail, backing into a parked car, hitting a mailbox and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your Shelby GT350 to get cheaper collision coverage.
One last note
People switch companies for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund or delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, switching companies is actually quite simple.
The cheapest Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Laredo can be purchased both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agents.
When you buy Laredo car insurance online, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
How to find discount Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Laredo
Really, the only way to get low-cost Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Laredo is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies in Texas.
- It will benefit you to learn about how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many things that cause high rates like high-risk driving behaviors and a bad credit score can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on Shelby GT350 insurance. If you find better rates and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new carrier. Be sure to store the certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
A tip to remember is to use identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Additional car insurance information is located at the links below
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers in Laredo? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Toyota 4Runner in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Laredo Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Laredo Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Felons in Laredo? (FAQ)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)