Inconceivable but true, nearly 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Drivers in Texas could save approximately $1,770 every year just by shopping around, but they don’t know the large savings they would see if they bought a different policy.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies who provide auto insurance in Laredo.
- Step 1: Read about auto insurance and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as accidents, traffic tickets, and an imperfect credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One bit of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Texas. If you want the cheapest car insurance in Laredo, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
Cheaper Laredo insurance rates with discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may be missing some discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on Jetta insurance in Laredo.
- Safety Course Discount – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
- Laredo Homeowners Pay Less – Just owning your own home can help you save on insurance because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Membership in Organizations – Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break on your next insurance statement.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates when compared with accident-prone drivers.
Please keep in mind that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Volkswagen Jetta insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The prices are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Insurance companies that possibly offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you are trying to find affordable Laredo auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above may not apply in your area. If you would like to view companies who offer discounts in Laredo, click here.
Insurance coverage analysis
The coverage information shown below highlights estimates of rate quotes for Volkswagen Jetta models. Having insight into how insurance premiums are formulated helps drivers make smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Jetta S 4-Dr Sedan||$208||$312||$500||$30||$150||$1,200||$100|
|Jetta S 2.5 Station Wagon||$208||$312||$424||$26||$128||$1,098||$92|
|Jetta LE 4-Dr Sedan||$208||$312||$500||$30||$150||$1,200||$100|
|Jetta SE 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$368||$500||$30||$150||$1,282||$107|
|Jetta SE 2.5 Station Wagon||$234||$368||$424||$26||$128||$1,180||$98|
|Jetta 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$368||$500||$30||$150||$1,282||$107|
|Jetta SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$368||$500||$30||$150||$1,282||$107|
|Jetta 2.0T Station Wagon||$234||$368||$424||$26||$128||$1,180||$98|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in specific Laredo garaging location which can lower or raise coverage prices noticeably.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Volkswagen Jetta insurance premiums for different ages of insureds. The prices are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Gender-based car insurance rates
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Jetta car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data assumes no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you buy full coverage?
The diagram below shows the difference between Volkswagen Jetta car insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The prices are based on no accidents or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no exact rule for phasing out comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Volkswagen Jetta replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $3,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $300 a year to have full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some cases where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Are auto insurance agents used anymore?
Some consumers still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision Licensed agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the best rates and also buy local. Buying from local agents is definitely important in Laredo.
Upon completion of this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to quote rates for a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Insurance agent types
If you are wanting to find a good Laredo insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents that you can select. Insurance agents are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either can do a good job, but we need to point out the difference between them since it can affect the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type do not have single company limitations so they can quote policies through many different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing insurance rates, it’s a good idea to contact at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many independent agencies also insure through lesser-known insurance companies which may provide better rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Laredo who may be able to give you pricing information.
- Amco Insurance
505 Lafayette St – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 722-5300 – View Map
- All Around Insurance Agency, LLC
3401 N Arkansas Ave – Laredo, TX 78043 – (956) 712-1255 – View Map
- Pronto Insurance
1315 San Dario Ave – Laredo, TX 78040 – (956) 724-2110 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. These agents are usually well trained on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Below are exclusive agencies in Laredo willing to provide price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Jorge A Monsivais
414 Shiloh Dr Unit 1 – Laredo, TX 78045 – (956) 722-0087 – View Map
- Texas Farm Bureau Insurance – Melissa Arce
1505 Calle Del Norte Dr #210 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 712-3276 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Powell-Watson Insurance Group
6301 Arena Blvd Ste A – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 764-4399 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the quoted price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- How long has the business existed?
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When selecting adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Smart Consumers Can Cut Their Insurance Prices
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating your premiums. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower rates. Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but other criteria are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
Performance impacts insurance rates – The performance level of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in your rates. Lower cost passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The chart below assumes a married female driver age 30, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Volkswagen Jetta rates compared to other models that have different performance risks.
Better prices with anti-theft devices – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Anti-theft devices like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help prevent vehicle theft.
Lower premiums for safer vehicles – Vehicles that have high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates. If the Volkswagen Jetta scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may be receiving a better rate.
Driving citations mean higher rates – Drivers with clean records receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Just one speeding ticket or other violation can boost insurance rates by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have received careless citations like DUI or reckless driving are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
The information below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can drive up Volkswagen Jetta auto insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The rates are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Premiums are affected by your credit rating – Having a bad credit score can be an important factor in determining your rates. People that have very good credit scores tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit. So if your credit rating can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your Volkswagen Jetta if you clean up your credit.
Amount of liability protection – The liability coverage on your policy will afford coverage if you are determined to be liable for an accident. It provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Insurance loss data for a Volkswagen Jetta – Companies use historical loss data as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that statistically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more to insure.
The table below outlines the loss history for Volkswagen Jetta vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is set at 100. Values that are below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentages above 100 point to more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
|Specific Volkswagen Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid||128||121||114||104|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance in Texas serves several purposes
Despite the potentially high cost of Volkswagen Jetta insurance, buying insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Volkswagen, most banks will have a requirement that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Volkswagen at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your personal assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Laredo overpays as much as $865 each year so you should quote rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Which car insurance company is best in Laredo?
Picking a high-quality car insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many choices drivers have in Texas. The company rank data shown below can help you decide which coverage providers you want to consider comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Laredo Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Get the best coverage at the lowest price
When getting Laredo auto insurance quotes online, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy cancellation, policy non-renewal or even being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies is not as hard as you think.
Lower-priced Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Laredo can be sourced online and with local Laredo insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies work with independent insurance agents.
To learn more, take a look at the resources below:
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Laredo Car Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Nissan Altima in Laredo? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4 in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)