Honda CR-V insurance policy image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Are you researching low-cost Honda CR-V insurance in Laredo? Nobody loves paying for insurance, especially when they know they could get a better deal.
It's easy to assume that auto insurance companies don't want policyholders to shop around. Consumers who shop around for the cheapest price will, in all likelihood, buy a different policy because the odds are good of finding a lower rate. A study showed that consumers who shopped around every year saved about $3,450 over four years compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the most affordable car insurance in Laredo is your intention, then having a good understanding the best ways to find and compare insurance premiums can save money and time.
Steps to saving money on Honda CR-V insurance in Laredo
The preferred way to find affordable Honda CR-V insurance in Laredo is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers that insure vehicles in Texas. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Try to learn a little about the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that result in higher prices like accidents, traffic violations, and an imperfect credit score can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Keep reading for information to help reduce prices and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Notify your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for the new policy. Immediately store the certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
The critical component of shopping around is to use similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get price quotes from every company you can. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Online insurance companies like State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance all claim big savings with fancy advertisements and it can be hard to sift through the bull and take the time to shop coverage around.
It's important to compare premium rates quite often because rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the best deal on Honda CR-V insurance in Laredo two years ago you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because we're going to demonstrate the quickest way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
If you currently have auto insurance, you will surely be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using the following tips. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Laredo can be much easier if you know how to start. Nevertheless, Texas consumers do need to understand how the larger insurance companies charge you for coverage because rates fluctuate considerably.
Low Cost companies for Honda CR-V insurance in Texas
The following companies are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Laredo, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Rates and detailed analysis
The premium information shown next outlines detailed analysis of prices for Honda CR-V models. Being more informed about how auto insurance premiums are determined can help customers make decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CR-V LX 2WD||$248||$400||$330||$20||$98||$1,096||$91|
|CR-V EX 2WD||$248||$400||$330||$20||$98||$1,096||$91|
|CR-V LX 4WD||$248||$400||$330||$20||$98||$1,096||$91|
|CR-V EX 4WD||$286||$400||$330||$20||$98||$1,134||$95|
|CR-V EX-L 2WD||$286||$400||$330||$20||$98||$1,134||$95|
|CR-V EX-L 4WD||$286||$400||$330||$20||$98||$1,134||$95|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can raise or lower prices significantly.
Impact of careless driving on Laredo insurance rates
The diagram below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can drive up Honda CR-V insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The costs are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Honda CR-V auto insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The data is based on a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to eliminate full coverage
There isn't a steadfast formula to stop buying comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Honda CR-V replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premiums are more than $800 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Verify you're receiving every discount
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some discounts will apply when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically before they will apply. If you aren't receiving every discount you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Accident Waiver - Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm may permit one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Telematics Discount - Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to monitor driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Active Service Discounts - Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- New Car Discount - Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Student Driver Training - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver's education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Accident Free - Drivers who don't have accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Laredo car insurance quote when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Laredo Homeowners Pay Less - Owning a home in Laredo can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance and place coverage with the same company you will save up to 20% off your total CR-V insurance premium.
Don't be surprised that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, you're out of luck.
The example below shows the difference between Honda CR-V insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The premiums assume a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good student, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, driver's education, and passive restraint.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including save driver, multi-car, good student, continuous insurance, and IntelliDrive.
- American Family has savings for good driver, accident-free, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include safety features, newly retired, multi-policy, preferred payment discount, newly married, and multi-car.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state. To view insurers who offer online Honda CR-V insurance quotes in Texas, follow this link.
Shop online but buy locally
A small number of people prefer to sit down with an agent and that is just fine! One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you may find cheaper prices and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your information gets sent to participating agents in Laredo who will return price quotes for your business. There is no reason to drive around because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. You can find lower rates without a big time investment. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurance company requires you to look at more than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Laredo?
- Which family members are covered?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
Do you need an independent or exclusive auto insurance agent?
If you're trying to find a local Laredo insurance agent, there are two types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agents in Laredo can either be independent or exclusive.
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company's rates such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company's products which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Laredo that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don't have to do anything. When comparing auto insurance prices, you will definitely want to get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Laredo that can give you price quote information.
Cubriel Insurance LLC
1808 Commerce Dr - Laredo, TX 78041 - (956) 568-5290 - View Map
Upon receiving answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have and an acceptable price quote, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to provide auto insurance coverage.
Laredo auto insurance companies ranked
Insuring your vehicle with the right auto insurance company can be challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in Texas. The ranking information in the lists below can help you pick which auto insurance companies you want to consider comparing prices from.
Top 10 Laredo Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 Laredo Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers - A++
- USAA - A++
- GEICO - A++
- State Farm - A++
- Titan Insurance - A+
- Esurance - A+
- Progressive - A+
- The Hartford - A+
- Allstate - A+
- Nationwide - A+
What insurance coverages do you need?
Understanding the coverages of your policy can be of help when determining the right coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are typical coverages offered by insurance companies.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like driving through your garage door, crashing into a building, scraping a guard rail, backing into a parked car and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also increase the deductible on your CR-V to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as vandalism, damage from getting keyed, theft and hitting a bird. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability insurance protects you from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see policy limits of 30/60/25 that means you have $30,000 bodily injury coverage, $60,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage pays for things like attorney fees, legal defense fees, bail bonds, funeral expenses and court costs. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy as much as you can afford. Texas requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The illustration below shows why buying the state minimum limits may not be enough.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when the "other guys" either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants as well as damage to your Honda CR-V.
Due to the fact that many Texas drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 30/60/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for expenses for things like dental work, doctor visits and EMT expenses. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Find cheap rates by comparing often
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Discount Honda CR-V insurance in Laredo can be bought both online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies work with independent agencies.
Steps to finding better rates for Honda CR-V insurance in Laredo
Truthfully, the best way to get low-cost Honda CR-V insurance in Laredo is to compare prices once a year from different companies that insure vehicles in Texas. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Get a basic knowledge of how your policy works and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an imperfect credit score can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment and a completed application to your new company or agent. Immediately upon receiving it, store the certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to look at as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
More detailed car insurance information is located in the articles below:
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Journey in Laredo? (FAQ)
- How Much are Laredo Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Laredo Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Laredo Car Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Laredo Auto Insurance Quotes for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)