Would you like to find cheaper auto insurance rates in Laredo, TX? Laredo buyers have a choice when searching for affordable Cadillac ATS insurance. They can either waste time driving around getting price quotes or use the internet to make rate comparisons. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy auto insurance so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a new or used Cadillac and find the best price possible.
It’s a good habit to price shop coverage yearly because rates change regularly. If you had the lowest premium rates on Cadillac ATS insurance in Laredo two years ago you will most likely find a better price today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because we’re going to show you how to use online quotes to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Six factors that influence insurance rates
Many factors are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but some are more transparent like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
The itemized list below are some of the things insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Add-on coverages you don’t use – Insurance companies have many extra coverages that you can buy when buying insurance. Add-on coverages like personal injury protection, accidental death, and additional equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment at first, but if you’ve never needed them in the past remove them and pocket the money.
- Insure your auto and home with one company – Lots of insurers afford lower prices to clients that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be as much as ten percent or more Even if you already get this discount, you still need to check prices from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates. You may still be able to save money by buying insurance from a different company.
- Rates can be impacted by your employer – Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations such as judges, business owners, and accountants generally pay higher rates than average because of high stress and lots of time spent away from family. Other occupations like professors, students and performers have lower than average premiums.
- How your age affects prices – More experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Young drivers have been known to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving with friends so they pay higher insurance rates.
- Limits of liability insurance – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will provide protection when a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Less chance of injury means lower rates – Cars with five star safety ratings cost less to insure. The safest vehicles reduce occupant injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Cadillac ATS has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may cost less to insure.
Cadillac ATS claim data – Companies use statistical claims data to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more to insure. The information below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Cadillac ATS vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Numbers that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are 100 or greater point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Cadillac ATS Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac ATS 4dr 2WD 121 97 103 107 96 90 Cadillac ATS 4dr 4WD 127 81 91 92 93 74BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
The best way to compare policy rates for Cadillac ATS insurance in Laredo is to know the fact most of the bigger providers have advanced systems to provide you with a free rate quote. The one thing you need to do is provide details such as if you’re married, how much school you completed, types of safety features, and the make and model of your vehicles. The rating information gets sent immediately to all major companies and you get price estimates very quickly.
To compare rates for your Cadillac ATS now, click here then complete the form.
The following companies are ready to provide quotes in Laredo, TX. If your goal is to find the best cheap car insurance in Laredo, TX, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Insurance in Texas serves several purposes
Even though Laredo ATS insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Cadillac at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves not only your Cadillac but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America overpays as much as $820 a year so you should quote and compare rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Lower-cost Laredo insurance rates with discounts
Some companies don’t necessarily list every discount they offer very well, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Professional Organizations – Belonging to a qualifying organization could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Putting coverage on a new ATS is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with one insurance company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Seat Belts Save – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers that enable driving data collection to look at where and when they drive by installing a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Responsible Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- No Claim Discounts – Laredo drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially when compared with policyholders that have many claims.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of 20% or more.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To find insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Laredo, follow this link.
Auto insurance quotes from local Laredo insurance agents
Many drivers just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a smart decision Most agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap auto insurance rates and also buy local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the quote information is transmitted to companies in Laredo who will return price quotes for your business. You don’t have to find an agent because prices are sent directly to your email. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Choosing a provider is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- How long has the business existed?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
When researching a local Laredo insurance agent, there are a couple of different agency structures from which to choose. Auto insurance policy providers can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it is important to understand how they differ since it may influence buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only write with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents partially due to the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Laredo willing to provide rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Edgar Gonzalez
2702 Jaime Zapata Memorial Hwy #1 – Laredo, TX 78043 – (956) 284-0111 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Powell-Watson Insurance Group
6301 Arena Blvd Ste A – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 764-4399 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Marcus Moreno
1705 E Del Mar Blvd Ste 105a – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 725-4934 – View Map
These agents are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency.
When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to include a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Laredo that are able to give price quote information.
- Delgado Insurance Agency, LC
9902 McPherson Rd #6 – Laredo, TX 78045 – (956) 728-7377 – View Map
- Zimmerman Insurance
3515 N Arkansas Ave #107 – Laredo, TX 78043 – (956) 796-1115 – View Map
- FalconSure Insurance Agency
7718 McPherson Rd #3 – Laredo, TX 78045 – (956) 794-9700 – View Map
Don’t assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
When quoting and comparing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions may help highlight if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Laredo?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- What is the minimum liability in Texas?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Cheaper insurance premiums are out there
As you shop your coverage around, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed full coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, extreme rates for teen drivers, high prices and policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
We’ve covered many ways to lower your Cadillac ATS insurance rates in Laredo. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Laredo auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Steps to buying affordable Cadillac ATS insurance in Laredo
If you want to save money, the best way to find discount Cadillac ATS insurance in Laredo is to compare prices annually from companies who provide car insurance in Texas. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- First, try to learn a little about car insurance and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit history can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rates to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper ATS coverage is available in Laredo. If you find a better price, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to your new agent or company. Be sure to store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
An important bit of advice to remember is to try to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Much more information about insurance in Texas can be found at these links:
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has the Cheapest Laredo Auto Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)