Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that a large majority of drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never shopped around. Many drivers in the U.S. could save almost 46.5% each year just by shopping around, but they underestimate how much they could save if they bought a different policy.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find the cheapest price for Lincoln MKC insurance in Laredo is to do an annual price comparison from different companies in Texas. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Try to comprehend what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and an unfavorable credit rating can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies. Start a quote
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper MKC coverage is available in Laredo. If you find better rates and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important note is to use the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get price quotes from every company you can. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Finding and comparing the most affordable car insurance in Laredo is quite easy. Essentially everyone who is required by state law to have car insurance most likely will get better rates. But Texas drivers do need to know how the larger insurance companies calculate your car insurance rates and use this information to your advantage.
Buy Laredo Lincoln MKC insurance online
When comparing car insurance rates, know that getting more free quotes will improve the odds of getting the best offered rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide rate quotes online, so it’s recommended that you also compare rates from them as well.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Texas. To buy cheap car insurance in Laredo, TX, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Car insurance quotes and discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Laredo car insurance online.
- Theft Deterrent System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Distant College Student Discount – Any of your kids living away from Laredo attending college and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver’s education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Simply owning a home can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
The best car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- MetLife includes discounts for accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, claim-free, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for accident-free, anti-theft, location of vehicle, ease of repair, age of vehicle, and multi-car.
- Nationwide offers discounts including multi-policy, accident-free, anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, and easy pay.
- GEICO may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, federal employee, good student, multi-vehicle, and anti-theft.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including AAA membership discount, multi-car, good driver, pay-in-full, anti-theft, education and occupation, and multi-policy.
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Discounts might not be offered in Laredo.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high cost, paying for car insurance serves several important purposes.
First, just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a loan, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Lincoln at a more expensive rate and make you pay the higher premium.
Third, insurance protects both your assets and your Lincoln. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your car insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $810 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Different people need different insurance coverages
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your situation is unique and your insurance should be unique as well.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if you may require specific advice.
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Should I rate my Lincoln MKC as pleasure use or commute?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Lincoln MKC?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Compare rates but work with a local neighborhood Laredo car insurance agent
A lot of people just want to have an agent’s advice and that can be a smart move The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is important particularly in Laredo.
Once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Laredo that can provide free Laredo car insurance quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
If you are wanting to find a local agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures that you can select. Agencies in Laredo are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part. When comparing auto insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection. Many independent agencies also insure through different regional companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Laredo who may provide pricing information.
- Benavides~Arellano Insurance
5901 McPherson Rd – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 723-0688 – View Map
- Castillo Insurance Agency
1413 E San Carlos St – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 727-0129 – View Map
- Medina Wright Insurance
1419 Clark Blvd – Laredo, TX 78040 – (956) 722-4618 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company like Allstate and State Farm. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Laredo willing to provide price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Raul R. Martinez Jr
3802 TX-359 Ste 5 – Laredo, TX 78043 – (956) 729-8884 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Jorge A Monsivais
414 Shiloh Dr Unit 1 – Laredo, TX 78045 – (956) 722-0087 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Powell-Watson Insurance Group
6301 Arena Blvd Ste A – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 764-4399 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Are they actively involved in the community?