Unimaginable but true, almost 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. The average driver in Laredo could pocket $1,770 a year by just comparing quotes, but they won’t spend time to compare rate quotes online.
The best way we recommend to find low-cost prices for auto insurance rates in Laredo is to do an annual price comparison from different companies who can sell car insurance in Texas. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like multiple speeding tickets and poor credit history can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article gives instructions to help find cheaper rates and get bigger discounts.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers. View insurance agents
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you use the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get prices from all possible companies. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
If you’re already insured or are just looking to switch companies, you can learn to lower your rates and still get good coverage. We hope to teach you a little about how auto insurance companies operate and some tricks to saving. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of the quickest method to compare insurance rates from many companies at once.
Finding a better price on insurance is a fairly straight forward process. Just take the time comparing rates provided by online insurance companies.
The following companies can provide price comparisons in Texas. To buy the best car insurance in Laredo, TX, we recommend you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need insurance for your Kia vehicle
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Kia in Laredo, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Kia at a much higher rate and require you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects your Kia Amanti and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Kia as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $850 per year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheaper Kia Amanti insurance quotes in Laredo
Some companies do not list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Laredo auto insurance online.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a class that teaches defensive driving techniques may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better prices.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers who elect to allow data collection to spy on where and when they drive by using a telematic data system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but some companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO permit an accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
For a list of insurers that offer discounts in Laredo, click this link.
Are insurance agents used anymore?
Many people just want to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting local agencies is still important in Laredo.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to agents in your area that provide free Laredo auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, just navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you need to find an insurance agent, you should know the different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Laredo are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can write policy coverage, but it’s worth learning the subtle differences since it may influence the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These agents often have many company appointments and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. If you need cheaper insurance rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most independent agents also contract with additional companies that you may not be familiar with who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a small list of independent agencies in Laredo that may be able to give price quote information.
- Delgado Insurance Agency, LC
9902 McPherson Rd #6 – Laredo, TX 78045 – (956) 728-7377 – View Map
- Medina Wright Insurance
1419 Clark Blvd – Laredo, TX 78040 – (956) 722-4618 – View Map
- Cubriel Insurance LLC
1808 Commerce Dr – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 568-5290 – View Map
These agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are Laredo exclusive agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Mike Cortez
201 W Del Mar Blvd Ste 16 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 723-6453 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Cynthia Cardenas
6909 Springfield Ave #103 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 724-8200 – View Map
- Kevin Romo – State Farm Insurance Agent
7917 McPherson Rd #208 – Laredo, TX 78045 – (956) 753-9337 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. Any good agent in Laredo should know the answers to these questions.
- How are claims handled?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- How many years have they been established?
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When selecting coverage, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
For instance, these questions can help discover if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Kia Amanti to commute?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Texas?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- What happens if I owe more than my Kia Amanti is worth?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
A conclusion for your car insurance search
When searching for low cost Laredo auto insurance quotes, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, someone sacrificed full coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We just presented a lot of techniques to find lower-cost Kia Amanti insurance in Laredo. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
More learning opportunities
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Young Drivers in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)