Anyone knows that insurance companies don’t want you shop around. People who get price comparisons are inclined to buy a new policy because there is a good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A recent survey discovered that consumers who made a habit of comparing rates saved over $3,500 over four years compared to people who never compared other company’s rates.
If saving money on Jaguar XK insurance in Laredo is your goal, then having a grasp of how to find companies and compare car insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get more affordable Jaguar XK insurance is to compare quotes annually from insurance carriers in Laredo.
- Step 1: Try to understand how companies price auto insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates like careless driving and a low credit score can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper XK coverage is available in Laredo. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One piece of advice is to try to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. This provides a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
The best way to compare insurance rates in your area is to take advantage of the fact most larger insurance companies have advanced systems to compare rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details such as whether or not you need a SR-22, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, your general credit rating, and any included safety features. Your information is then sent to multiple different insurance companies and they return rate quotes within a short period of time.
To find the cheapest Jaguar XK insurance rates, click here then complete the form.
The companies in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Texas. If your goal is to find the best car insurance in TX, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Jaguar XK insurance, auto insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your XK has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Jaguar at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Jaguar and your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average American driver overpays more than $850 per year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Jaguar XK insurance statistics and information
The information displayed below outlines detailed analysis of policy rates for Jaguar XK models. Learning how rates are determined is important to be able to make informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XK Portfolio 2-Dr Coupe||$258||$632||$366||$22||$110||$1,388||$116|
|XK 2-Dr Coupe||$258||$632||$366||$22||$110||$1,388||$116|
|XK Portfolio 2-Dr Convertible||$278||$578||$430||$26||$128||$1,440||$120|
|XK 2-Dr Convertible||$278||$578||$430||$26||$128||$1,440||$120|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in specific zip code location which can raise or lower insurance rates noticeably.
The illustration below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can affect Jaguar XK annual premium costs for each different age category. Data assumes a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Does full coverage make sense?
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Jaguar XK insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the Texas minimum liability coverage. The premiums are based on no claims or driving citations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no specific rule to delete physical damage coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Jaguar XK book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $3,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $300 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Take policy discounts and save on Jaguar XK insurance in Laredo
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you might find some hidden discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about before being credited.
- Membership in Organizations – Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Distant Student Discount – Children who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Smart Student Discounts – This discount could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get a small decrease in premiums.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow driving data collection to spy on driving habits remotely such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a class that teaches safe driver techniques could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and can earn a small discount on your policy.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Jaguar XK auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The data assumes a female driver, no violations or claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
Large insurance companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for good student, switch companies, teen driver, mature driver, and youthful driver.
- State Farm has savings for accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, good driver, anti-theft, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for exclusive group savings, safety features, teen driver discount, new vehicle discount, multi-car, newly married, and new move discount.
- MetLife discounts include defensive driver, claim-free, good driver, good student, accident-free, multi-policy
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, and good student.
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above may not be available in Laredo. If you would like to view insurers that offer many of these discounts in Texas, click here to view.
Different people need different car insurance coverages
Always remember that when buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that.
These are some specific questions might point out whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.