We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Drivers who shop around once a year will presumably switch companies because there is a great chance of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey revealed that people who shopped around every year saved as much as $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If saving money on Jaguar X-Type insurance in Laredo is the reason you’re here, then having some insight into how to shop and compare car insurance can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
To save the most money, the best way to quote cheaper Jaguar X-Type insurance in Laredo is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Texas. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- First, take a little time to learn about policy coverages and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and bad credit can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article provides more information to prevent expensive rate increases and earn larger discounts.
- Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper X-Type coverage is available. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, notify your company or agent to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new company. Once the paperwork is finalized, store the certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to compare the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to get rates from all possible companies. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Our goal in writing this article instruct you on the best methods to compare rates and also pocket some savings If you have coverage now, you will be able to cut your premiums using the ideas presented in this article. Consumers just need to use how to compare prices from many different companies online.
Cheap Jaguar insurance price quotes in Laredo
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Texas. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Texas, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
Lower rates by qualifying for these eight discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but companies offer discounts to cut the cost considerably. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but some must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Student Discounts – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Putting insurance on a new X-Type can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow data collection to look at their driving habits remotely such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Laredo auto insurance with certain companies.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a course in driver safety can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Claim-Free Discount – Good drivers with no accidents have much lower rates when compared to frequent claim filers.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you could get a free auto insurance policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer most of these discounts are:
When quoting, ask every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in every state.
Neighborhood insurance agents
Some people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision Insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance online is you may find cheap insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. And supporting small agencies is important particularly in Laredo.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Laredo who will give you bids for your coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered to you directly. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you just need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
If you would like to find a reputable agency, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Laredo agents are considered either independent or exclusive. Either one can write insurance policies, but we need to point out the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to do anything.
If you need lower rates, it’s recommended you check rates from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with small mutual carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Laredo that may be able to give you free rate quotes.
- Castillo Insurance Agency
1413 E San Carlos St – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 727-0129 – View Map
- Gonzalez H P Insurance Agency
1910 Corpus Christi St – Laredo, TX 78043 – (956) 725-5015 – View Map
- Alphasure Affordable Insurance Services
1620 Chihuahua St – Laredo, TX 78043 – (956) 729-9500 – View Map
These type of agents work for only one company such as Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often use the same agent primarily because of loyalty to the company instead of buying on price only.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Laredo who can help you get rate quotes.
- Kike Trevino – State Farm Insurance
517 Shiloh Dr #4 – Laredo, TX 78045 – (956) 791-5453 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Manuel Benavides
4001 McPherson Rd #105 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 725-5901 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Edgar Gonzalez
2702 Jaime Zapata Memorial Hwy #1 – Laredo, TX 78043 – (956) 284-0111 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the price. Any good agent in Laredo should know the answers to these questions.
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Is coverage determined by price?
After talking to the agent and getting good answers to all your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it’s a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that can properly service your insurance policy.
Having a good grasp of auto insurance can help you determine appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive auto coverage – This coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as theft, hitting a bird, falling objects and hail damage. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability insurance – This coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 30/60/25 that means you have $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $60,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for claims like court costs, structural damage and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible. Texas requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The next chart demonstrates why low liability limits may not be enough.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Jaguar X-Type.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 30/60/25), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for expenses for things like X-ray expenses, funeral costs, dental work, prosthetic devices and hospital visits. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage – Collision insurance covers damage to your X-Type resulting from a collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims such as driving through your garage door, crashing into a building, hitting a mailbox and rolling your car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your X-Type to bring the cost down.
Shop smart and save
We covered a lot of information how to save on Jaguar X-Type insurance in Laredo. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Jaguar X-Type insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, delays in responding to claim requests, questionable increases in premium and being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Cheap Jaguar X-Type insurance in Laredo can be bought both online and with local Laredo insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found in these articles:
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Company Car in Laredo? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)