Anyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Drivers who get comparison quotes once a year will probably move their business because there is a good probability of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent insurance study discovered that drivers who routinely compared rates saved $3,500 over four years compared to those who never compared prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on car insurance is your objective, learning how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance premiums can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get cheaper Dodge Magnum insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers who can sell car insurance in Laredo. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many factors that cause rate increases such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a lousy credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides information to get affordable coverage and find missing discounts.
Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for many different companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new company. As soon as you receive it, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The key thing to remember is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to find better prices using the ideas presented in this article. Quoting and buying the lowest-priced car insurance policy in Laredo is easy if you know what you’re doing. Although Texas vehicle owners should learn the way companies calculate your policy premium because it can help you find the best coverage.
Laredo insurance discounts for a Dodge Magnum
Companies don’t always publicize their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the list below contains a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Laredo car insurance online.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Older drivers can get a slight reduction on a Laredo car insurance quote.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active deployment in the military may lower your rates slightly.
- Own a Home – Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking a course in defensive driver could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few larger companies allow discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current Magnum insurance policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
Don’t be shocked that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
If you would like to view companies that offer many of these discounts in Texas, click here to view.
Where can I get the cheapest Laredo Dodge Magnum insurance?
Just remember that quoting more helps you find a better price. Not every company provides rate quotes online, so it’s important to also get quotes from them, too.
The providers in the list below can provide quotes in Texas. In order to find cheap car insurance in Laredo, TX, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Comparing quotes from local Laredo insurance agents
Many drivers just want to visit with an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision A nice benefit of comparing rates online is you can get lower rates and still have a local agent.
After filling out this simple form, your information is transmitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don’t have to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you would need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing an provider should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- How long has the business existed?
Two different types of car insurance agents
If you want a reputable agency, there are a couple of different types of agents that you can choose from. Car insurance agents in Laredo are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on sales techniques which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Laredo that can give you comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Pedro Sanchez
5916 San Bernardo Ave – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 722-8445 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Mike Cortez
201 W Del Mar Blvd Ste 16 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 723-6453 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Edgar Gonzalez
2702 Jaime Zapata Memorial Hwy #1 – Laredo, TX 78043 – (956) 284-0111 – View Map
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent. If you need lower rates, you will want to get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below are Laredo independent agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Lozano Insurance
519 E Gustavus St – Laredo, TX 78040 – (956) 725-2167 – View Map
- Laredo Commercial Insurance Agency
5711 McPherson Rd #202 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 729-0799 – View Map
- Alphasure Affordable Insurance Services
1620 Chihuahua St – Laredo, TX 78043 – (956) 729-9500 – View Map
Three good reasons to insure your Magnum
Even though Laredo Magnum insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Dodge at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your Dodge Magnum but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If your Dodge gets damaged, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $830 a year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to save money.
Auto insurance coverage information
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Texas drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (30/60/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Liability coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property in an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 30/60/25 that means you have $30,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like court costs, medical services and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Texas requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
The chart below shows why the minimum limit may not be enough.
This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like fire damage, hitting a bird and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a parking meter, rolling your car, scraping a guard rail and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your Magnum to bring the cost down.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills like hospital visits, ambulance fees, rehabilitation expenses and prosthetic devices. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
How to find a good Texas auto insurance company
Finding the highest-rated insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many choices drivers have in Laredo. The ranking data shown below can help you pick which auto insurers you want to consider purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Laredo Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Laredo Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Smart shoppers get results
Discount Dodge Magnum insurance in Laredo can be found both online and also from your neighborhood Laredo agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not offer the ability to get quotes online and these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
You just learned a lot of techniques to lower your Dodge Magnum insurance premium rates in Laredo. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like delays in paying claims, policy non-renewal, lack of trust in their agent or even poor customer service. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching auto insurance companies is actually quite simple.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Laredo Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Laredo Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Felons in Laredo? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)