It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. People who get comparison quotes once a year will most likely buy a different policy because they have good chances of finding better rates. A recent auto insurance study revealed that drivers who make a habit of shopping around saved over $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the cheapest price on Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance is your objective, knowing the best way to compare coverage rates can make it easier to find better rates.
The best way we recommend to get more affordable Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Laredo.
- First, try to learn about policy coverages and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that increase rates such as inattentive driving and poor credit history can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of companies. Select a company
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Laredo. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new agent or company. Make sure you place the new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
One tip to remember is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to compare as many companies as you can. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Locating the best insurance company for you in Laredo is really quite easy. Essentially everyone who is required to buy insurance will probably find a lower-cost policy. Nevertheless, Texas vehicle owners benefit from understanding how insurance companies price insurance differently.
Compare Laredo Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance quotes
Most of the larger companies make it easy to get coverage prices on the web. Comparing prices online for Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Laredo is very simple as you just enter the coverages you want into the quote form. After you submit the form the quote system automatically orders your credit score and driving record and generates pricing information determined by many factors. The ability to get online rate quotes for Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Laredo helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s also necessary to do this if you are searching for lower-cost rates.
To save time and compare pricing, compare rates from the companies below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you duplicate the coverages as shown on your current policy. Doing this assures you will have an apples-to-apples comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The following companies are our best choices to provide quotes in Texas. To find the cheapest auto insurance in Laredo, TX, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Chrysler in Laredo, buying insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Chrysler with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Chrysler at a more expensive rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $869 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Detailed insurance information
The price information displayed below covers a range of coverage prices for Chrysler PT Cruiser models. Being aware of how insurance rates are figured is important for making smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr||$156||$294||$392||$24||$118||$984||$82|
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr||$156||$294||$392||$24||$118||$984||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in your specific Laredo location which can influence coverage rates greatly.
Insurance rate increases from tickets or accidents
The information below illustrates how traffic citations and fender-benders can impact Chrysler PT Cruiser car insurance rates for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The example below shows the difference between Chrysler PT Cruiser car insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Texas minimum liability coverage. The rates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no definitive rule for eliminating physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Chrysler PT Cruiser claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premiums are more than $700 annually for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some situations where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Verify you’re getting every discount
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but you might already qualify for some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you purchase, but less common discounts must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new PT Cruiser may earn a small discount since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but a few companies such as GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear before the accident.
- Drive Less and Save – Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for several vehicles on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Paperwork-free – A few larger online companies will provide an incentive simply for signing on their website.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit may lower your prices slightly.
We need to note that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance prices with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The rates are based on a female driver, no violations or claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the discounts are:
- American Family offers discounts including mySafetyValet, good driver, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, air bags, and good student.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multiple policy, student away at school, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, and passive restraint.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, 55 and older, early bird, good student, theft prevention, driver training, and teen driver.
- Travelers may have discounts that include new car, IntelliDrive, good student, multi-policy, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- GEICO may include discounts for multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, emergency military deployment, military active duty, and good student.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your area.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- What are good deductibles for a Chrysler PT Cruiser?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
How to find a good Texas auto insurance company
Ending up with the top insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different companies sell coverage in Laredo. The company ratings shown next can help you analyze which coverage providers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies