Have you finally had enough of sacrificing to keep your car insured? You’re in the same situation as millions of other vehicle owners.
Shockingly, over 70% of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. Texas insurance shoppers could save roughly $1,766 a year just by comparing rates, but most just don’t grasp how much savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
How to find affordable quotes for Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Laredo
Really, the only way to find cheaper auto insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from different companies who can sell car insurance in Laredo.
First, take a little time to learn about how your policy works and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents and a low credit score can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Captiva Sport insurance. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is to use similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rates from every insurance company. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Since vehicle owners have many online and local companies to choose from, it’s nearly impossible to choose the lowest cost company.
It’s a good habit to do rate comparisons as often as possible because prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you think you had the best rate on Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Laredo on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. There is a lot of wrong information about Captiva Sport insurance online, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some proven techniques to stop overpaying for insurance in Laredo.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Laredo can initially seem challenging. If you have car insurance now, you should be able to find the best rates using the concepts covered in this article. Smart shoppers just have to use the least time-consuming way to compare insurance rates from many different companies.
Best companies for Chevy Captiva Sport insurance
The companies in the list below can provide price comparisons in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
How Insurance Providers Calculate Chevy Captiva Sport Insurance Rates
Many factors are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that are used to determine your policy premiums. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get lower car insurance prices.
The factors shown below are some of the items car insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- Married drivers pay lower premiums – Being married may earn you lower rates compared to being single. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible and statistics prove being married results in fewer claims.
- Higher deductibles are cheaper – Your deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Insurance for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a windshield broken by a bird, collision with a deer, or theft of your vehicle. The more of the claim you have to pay, the better rate you will receive.
- Choose high crash test ratings and save – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Safer cars reduce the chance of injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Chevy Captiva Sport is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Gaps in coverage mean higher premiums – Letting your insurance expire will be a guaranteed way to drive up your policy premiums. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You could then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Texas department of motor vehicles.
- The type of vehicle you drive affects your costs – The performance of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. The most favorable rates are usually for low performance passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Older drivers pay less – Teenage drivers in Texas are known to be easily distracted with other occupants in the car and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.
Chevy Captiva Sport insurance loss data – Auto insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below illustrates the loss history for Chevy Captiva Sport vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is a value of 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage values above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Captiva Sport Models Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Captiva Sport 4dr 2WD 89 95 88 123 115 105BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheaper Laredo auto insurance rates with discounts
Some insurance providers do not advertise all discounts very well, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Laredo auto insurance online.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with all your vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Professional Memberships – Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Laredo could earn you a nice discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get a slight reduction on a Laredo auto insurance quote.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
Companies that may include many of the previously listed discounts include:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
When comparing rates, check with each company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in Laredo.
Insurance agencies can help
Many people would rather have an agent’s advice and that is recommended in a lot of cases Licensed agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
After completing this quick form, your information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your business. You won’t need to contact any agents because prices are sent directly to your email. If you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an provider requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Laredo?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Laredo?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Laredo for you
When searching for a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s worth learning the differences because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
These agents are contracted to one company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are well trained on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Laredo willing to provide price quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not required to write business for one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent. If you need cheaper insurance rates, we recommend you contact at least one independent agent to get the best comparison.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Laredo who can help you get comparison quotes.
J and E Insurance
1701 S Malinche Ave – Laredo, TX 78046 – (956) 791-1633 – View Map
South Texas Insurance
4815 San Bernardo Ave – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 729-1010 – View Map
Laredo Commercial Insurance Agency
5711 McPherson Rd #202 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 729-0799 – View Map
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When choosing a policy for your vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique and your policy should reflect that.
For instance, these questions might point out whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Chevy Captiva Sport?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- If my Chevy Captiva Sport is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Affordable insurance is out there
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
In this article, we presented many ideas to shop for Chevy Captiva Sport insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Laredo auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
How to find cheaper quotes for Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Laredo
The preferred way to get the cheapest Chevy Captiva Sport insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies who sell auto insurance in Laredo.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about coverages and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many things that result in higher prices such as distracted driving and a low credit rating can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies. Select a company
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to the newly selected company. Don’t forget to put the new certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The key aspect of shopping around is to compare the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and a good representation of prices.
More detailed insurance information can be read at these sites:
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Laredo Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Laredo Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)