Have you had enough of not being able to afford to pay your auto insurance bill each month? Your situation is no different than most other vehicle owners in Texas.
We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who shop around for a cheaper policy are likely to buy a new policy because of the high probability of finding better rates. A recent survey found that consumers who compared prices regularly saved an average of $850 each year as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on Kia Spectra insurance in Laredo is the reason you’re reading this, understanding the best ways to find and compare auto insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
Steps to finding cheaper Kia Spectra insurance in Laredo
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get more affordable Kia Spectra insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Laredo.
First, take a little time to learn about how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as traffic citations and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. Compare rates now
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Laredo. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new insurer. Don’t forget to put the certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A tip to remember is to use identical coverages on every quote and and to look at as many different companies as possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
With so many options for buying cheaper insurance for a Kia Spectra in Laredo, it can be impossible to pick the lowest cost auto insurance provider.
Keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons provides better odds of finding better pricing. Some companies don’t provide Laredo Spectra insurance quotes online, so it’s important to also get prices from those companies as well.
The following companies can provide price comparisons in Laredo, TX. To buy the best auto insurance in TX, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
Why you need auto insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Kia Spectra in Laredo, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Spectra, most banks will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Kia and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Spectra outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. As of last year, the average driver in Texas is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so compare rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Why Your Insurance Prices might be higher
When buying insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that play a part in calculating insurance rates. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs. Many factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but some are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
The following are a partial list of the pieces used by insurance companies to determine your premiums.
Always keep your coverage in force – Going without insurance is a guaranteed way to drive up your policy premiums. In addition to paying higher premiums, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Better rates with anti-theft devices – Buying a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
Females tend to be lower risk – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that females are better at driving than males. Both genders cause fender benders in similar numbers, but men tend to have higher claims. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations like driving under the influence (DUI). Youthful male drivers generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore pay the highest rates.
Liability protection safeguards assets – Liability coverage will protect you if you are responsible for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Accidents cost more than a fine – Having just one chargeable violation can increase rates twenty percent or more. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to careless drivers. People who have severe citations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
Only buy coverage you need – There are a lot of extra bells and whistles you can purchase on your Spectra policy. Coverages like roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and extra life insurance coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. These coverages may sound good when deciding what coverages you need, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so get rid of them and save.
Fewer miles means better prices – Driving a lot of miles in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers calculate rates based on their usage. Cars used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. A policy that improperly rates your Spectra can cost quite a bit. Make sure your insurance policy is rated on annual mileage, because it can save money.
Companies offer many discounts on Kia Spectra insurance in Laredo
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may find discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but some discounts are required to be asked about before they will apply.
- Data Collection Discounts – Policyholders that allow driving data collection to monitor their driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military can result in better premium rates.
- Federal Government Employee – Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles on a single policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model can save you some money because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one isn’t a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, seat belt use, driver training, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and air bags.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for hybrid/electric vehicle, early quote, student away at school, new car, and home ownership.
- Nationwide has savings for good student, accident-free, family plan, easy pay, and defensive driving.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for early shopping, teen driver, good student, homeowner, and switch companies.
- Esurance offers discounts including good driver, safety device, Pac-12 alumni, claim free, and renters.
- State Farm includes discounts for Drive Safe & Save, good student, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and driver’s education.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including type of vehicle, professional/association, multi-policy, multi-car, and good driver.
When quoting, ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Some credits may not apply in Laredo.
Auto insurance agents can find coverage gaps
Certain consumers still prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Laredo.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Laredo who will give you bids to get your business. You don’t have to even leave your home as quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
If you would like to find local Laredo agents, it helps to know the two different agency structures to choose from. Agents in Laredo can be described as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies do not sell for just one brand and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured. If you need lower rates, you absolutely need to get some free quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Featured below are independent agencies in Laredo who may be able to give you price quote information.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below are Laredo exclusive agents who can help you get price quotes.
Picking an insurance agent should depend on more than just the premium amount. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
Cheap coverage is out there
We just showed you many ways to reduce Kia Spectra insurance prices online in Laredo. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the most savings is with the least-expected company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Laredo is available both online and with local Laredo insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some auto insurance companies do not offer online rate quotes and usually these regional carriers sell through independent agents.
How to find discount Kia Spectra insurance in Laredo
To save the most money, the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Laredo is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers in Texas. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
First, take a little time to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many rating factors that increase rates such as at-fault accidents and a not-so-good credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The most important part of shopping around is that you use identical limits and deductibles on every quote and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this enables a level playing field and maximum price selection.
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50 in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Laredo Car Insurance for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)