It takes a little time, but the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies who provide car insurance in Laredo. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about auto insurance and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents and a poor credit score can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies. View insurance agents
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper Clarity coverage is available. If you can save some money and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is that you use identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to look at as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Astonishing but true, over 70% of Texas drivers have been with the same company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared car insurance rates at all. American drivers could save nearly 46.5% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rates online.
If you already have coverage, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using the ideas you’re about to read. This information will teach you a little about how auto insurance companies operate and some money-saving tips. But Texas consumers do need to understand how companies determine what you pay and apply this information to your search.
When comparison shopping, comparing more quotes helps locate the best rates.
The following companies offer price quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Honda for a much higher rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $825 a year so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Smart Choices Result in Lower Insurance Costs
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but others are not quite as obvious like where you live or your commute time.
The items below are just a few of the factors used by insurance companies to determine your premiums.
- You might pay higher prices if you are single – Getting married helps lower the price compared to being single. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Avoid policy lapses – Letting your insurance expire is a fast way to bump up your auto insurance costs. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in fines or a revoked license.
- Better auto insurance rates on safer cars – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. These vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and fewer injuries translates directly to fewer claims and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Tickets mean higher costs – Even a single ticket could increase your next policy renewal by twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets pay lower auto insurance prices compared to bad drivers. People who have severe tickets like DUI or reckless driving may need to submit a SR-22 form with their state in order to legally drive.
- Cheaper prices using GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Systems that thwart thieves such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help stop vehicle theft.
- Use credit responsibly and save – Credit rating factor in determining what you pay. Consumers who have very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. So if your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Honda Clarity if you clean up your credit.
- Location can influence price – Choosing to live in less populated areas may provide you with better prices when insuring your vehicles. Urban drivers tend to have traffic congestion and more time behind the wheel. Fewer drivers on the road means less chance of accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Your vocation can affect rates – Jobs such as doctors, social workers, and medical professionals generally have the highest rates attributed to intense work requirements and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, jobs such as actors, historians and retirees get better rates.
Laredo auto insurance discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise every policy discount very well, so we break down a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Laredo auto insurance online.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on Clarity insurance in Laredo.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out some life insurance too.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- No Claims – Laredo drivers who stay claim-free pay less compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% with some auto insurance companies.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching to them before your current coverage expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Laredo Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home can save you money because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Honda can earn cheaper prices.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky. But all discounts will positively reduce your policy cost.
The best auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- 21st Century discounts include teen driver, defensive driver, theft prevention, 55 and older, and air bags.
- State Farm has discounts for driver’s education, safe vehicle, anti-theft, accident-free, defensive driving training, and good driver.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, good driver, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, anti-theft, good student, and pay-in-full.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for safety features, multi-policy, multi-car, newly married, hybrid vehicle, and new vehicle discount.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in Laredo. If you would like to view insurance companies with significant discounts in Laredo, follow this link.
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
Always keep in mind that when comparing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique so this has to be addressed.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether you may require specific advice.
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- What is GAP insurance?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agencies
A lot of people prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a great decision One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this quick form, the quote information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered to your email. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you can always jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting a company is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Below are some questions you should ask.
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
When researching local Laredo agents, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agents in Laredo are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only provide one company’s prices and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years mainly due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Laredo that are able to give price quote information.
- State Farm: Manuel Gomez III
4311 Clark Blvd – Laredo, TX 78043 – (956) 333-0000 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Powell-Watson Insurance Group
6301 Arena Blvd Ste A – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 764-4399 – View Map
- Anabella Herbig – State Farm Insurance Agent
315 Calle Del Norte Dr #103 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 725-1617 – View Map
Agents that choose to be independent can quote rates with many companies so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparison shopping, you absolutely need to check rates from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates. Most have the option of insuring with small mutual carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Laredo that can give you price quote information.
- Cavazos Insurance Agency
2107 San Bernardo Ave – Laredo, TX 78040 – (956) 723-4623 – View Map
- J and E Insurance
1701 S Malinche Ave – Laredo, TX 78046 – (956) 791-1633 – View Map
- Protection Insurance Agency
1020 Washington St – Laredo, TX 78040 – (956) 723-9542 – View Map
Be persistent and save
We covered a lot of ways to save on Honda Clarity insurance in Laredo. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best rates are with an unexpected company. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced full coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cost effective Honda Clarity insurance can be bought online as well as from independent agents in Laredo, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not offer price quotes online and many times these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
To read more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Laredo? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Laredo Auto Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)