The recommended way to find cheaper Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Laredo is to compare quotes annually from different companies who sell insurance in Texas. This can be done by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Get an understanding of policy coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many risk factors that increase rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and poor credit rating can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies. Click to view companies
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A key point to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to get rates from every insurance company. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that most car insurance buyers in Texas have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and just short of a majority have never even compared rates from other companies. Many drivers in the United States could pocket almost $859 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don’t want to do a rate comparison.
Best companies for affordable Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Texas
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Texas. To get the best car insurance in Texas, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Analysis of coverages
The data table displayed next showcases different policy rates for Ford Explorer Sport Trac models. Having a better understanding of how prices are determined can help guide drivers when making smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Explorer Sport Trac XLT 2WD||$246||$460||$496||$30||$148||$1,380||$115|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited 2WD||$282||$460||$496||$30||$148||$1,416||$118|
|Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4WD||$282||$460||$496||$30||$148||$1,416||$118|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4WD||$318||$560||$496||$30||$148||$1,552||$129|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited AWD||$318||$560||$496||$30||$148||$1,552||$129|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can revise prices noticeably.
Insurance cost for men versus women
The chart below illustrates the difference between Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The information below illustrates the comparison of Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The premiums are based on no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no definitive guideline of when to eliminate full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Ford Explorer Sport Trac settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are currently paying more than $600 annually for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Get cheaper Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Laredo with discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even know about. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for in order for you to get them.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car model is cheaper because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Low Miles Discount – Keeping the miles down on your Ford could qualify for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- College Student Discount – Kids who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
Just know that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will cut your overall bill.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Ford Explorer Sport Trac auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The costs are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- AAA may include discounts for education and occupation, good driver, multi-policy, multi-car, anti-theft, and pay-in-full.
- Progressive has savings for online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, and online quote discount.
- State Farm offers discounts including passive restraint, defensive driving training, accident-free, anti-theft, good driver, safe vehicle, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for multi-car, homeowner, good driver, anti-theft, Pac-12 alumni, emergency road assistance, and anti-lock brakes.
- Nationwide includes discounts for accident-free, business or organization, family plan, anti-theft, and Farm Bureau membership.
If you need inexpensive Laredo car insurance quotes, ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in every state. To see providers that offer the discounts shown above in Laredo, click this link.
The Ford Explorer Sport Trac Insurance Premium Equation
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the things that help determine insurance rates. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find cheaper rates.
The itemized list below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into your premiums.
- Lower rates with a multi-policy discount – Most insurance companies afford discounts to customers who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s always a smart idea to check prices from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Cheaper rates with high coverage deductibles – The deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. Physical damage protection, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims would be rear-ending another vehicle, collision with a deer, or theft of your vehicle. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the less your insurance will be.
- Get married and pay lower premiums – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on your insurance bill. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are less irresponsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Why do you need liability? – Liability coverage is the protection if ever a court rules you are at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability provides legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is pretty cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Cheaper rates with safer cars – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies which can result in lower premiums.
- Never let your policy expire – Not having insurance is illegal and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance lapse. Not only will rates go up, not being able to provide proof of insurance could earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Are insurance agents a thing of the past?
Many people would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a smart decision Agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is you may find the best rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting small agencies is important especially in Laredo.
By using this short form, your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to you. If you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, feel free to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
When looking for a reputable agency, you should know the different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Agents can either be exclusive or independent. Both can do a good job, but it’s a good idea to understand the subtle differences since it could factor into the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents do not work for one specific company and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part. If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always contact at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most independent agents also contract with mutual insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Laredo that can possibly get you free rate quotes.
- Cavazos Insurance Agency
2107 San Bernardo Ave – Laredo, TX 78040 – (956) 723-4623 – View Map
- State Wide Auto Insurance Agency
Laredo, TX 78041 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 791-0800 – View Map
- Benavides~Arellano Insurance
5901 McPherson Rd – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 723-0688 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Laredo willing to provide rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Edgar Gonzalez
2702 Jaime Zapata Memorial Hwy #1 – Laredo, TX 78043 – (956) 284-0111 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Cynthia Cardenas
6909 Springfield Ave #103 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 724-8200 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Manuel Benavides
4001 McPherson Rd #105 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 725-5901 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. These questions are important to ask:
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
Once you have received positive responses and an affordable coverage quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to adequately provide insurance.
Smart shoppers get results
Lower-priced car insurance in Laredo is available both online as well as from independent agents in Laredo, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not offer rates over the internet and many times these smaller companies only sell through local independent agencies.
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, policy cancellation, not issuing a premium refund and high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is not as hard as you think.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to lower your Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance prices in Laredo. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Laredo car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier.
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Laredo Car Insurance for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Laredo Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Laredo Car Insurance for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)