It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find affordable Fiat 500 insurance in Laredo is to compare prices once a year from insurers in Texas. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and a low credit score can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Laredo. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A key point to remember is to use the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Sadly, over 70% of consumers have bought auto insurance from the same company for well over three years, and nearly the majority have never even compared rates from other companies. Laredo consumers could save 70% a year just by shopping around, but most undervalue how much money they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Car insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be available discounts that can help lower your rates. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of quoting, but a few must be asked for before being credited.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driver skills is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Good Driver Discounts – Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
Please keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of car insurance companies and the discounts they provide include:
- GEICO includes discounts for good student, military active duty, driver training, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, membership and employees, and emergency military deployment.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for student away at school, paid in full, mature driver, good student, and group or association.
- American Family may offer discounts for good driver, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, air bags, and defensive driver.
- Esurance has savings for safety device, anti-lock brakes, online shopper, Pac-12 alumni, good driver, and emergency road assistance.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple autos, good student, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, and good driver.
- AAA offers discounts including multi-policy, good student, multi-car, pay-in-full, and anti-theft.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in your state.
Most major insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm provide coverage price quotes from their websites. This process is quite simple as all you need to do is type in your personal and coverage information into the quote form. After you submit the form their quoting system obtains your driving record and credit report and returns a price based on many factors.
Getting online rates for Fiat 500 insurance in Laredo helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to get cheap prices.
To quickly find out how much you can save on car insurance, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate your coverages just like they are on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will get rate quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Laredo, TX. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Texas, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Informed Drivers Save More
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find cheaper rates.
- Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – Drivers with clean records have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Only having one ticket can increase rates twenty percent or more. Drivers who have gotten multiple tickets such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find that they have to to maintain a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Do you really need roadside assistance? – Insurance companies have many add-on coverages that can waste your money when buying insurance. Things like replacement cost coverage, death and dismemberment, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea when talking to your agent, but if they’re wasting money get rid of them and save.
- Teen drivers are expensive to insure – Teenage drivers in Texas are statistically shown to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and receive fewer citations.
- Why do you need liability insurance? – The liability coverage on your policy provides coverage if ever you are determined to be liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense which can cost a lot. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The performance level of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in your premium level. The lowest rates are usually found on economy passenger vehicles, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Your address can push rates up or down – Being located in areas with lower population has definite advantages when buying insurance. People who live in big cities have to deal with more traffic problems and more severe claims. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Insurance loss statistics a Fiat 500 – Companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that have higher losses will have a higher premium rate.
The table below shows the historical insurance loss data for Fiat 500 vehicles. For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole is represented as 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Fiat 500 Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Fiat 500 72 76 66 96 89 84 Fiat 500 Convertible 76 79 60 85 Fiat 500 Electric 73 59 76 60 Fiat 500L 112 80 102 128 93 97BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying from insurance agencies
Many people just prefer to talk to a local agent and that is OK! Good insurance agents can help you build your policy and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you can get better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local agents is important particularly in Laredo.
By using this quick form, the quote information gets sent to participating agents in Laredo that provide free Laredo car insurance quotes to get your business. There is no need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered to you directly. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Laredo
When narrowing the list to find a local Laredo insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Car insurance agents can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both write policy coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand the subtle differences because it may have an impact on the selection process.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with less well-known companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Laredo who may provide competitive price quotes.
- Fred Loya Insurance
618 W Calton Rd – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 723-4414 – View Map
- Medina Wright Insurance
1419 Clark Blvd – Laredo, TX 78040 – (956) 722-4618 – View Map
- Lozano Insurance
519 E Gustavus St – Laredo, TX 78040 – (956) 725-2167 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some consumers prefer to buy from the same agent for years mostly because of high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Laredo willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Mike Cortez
201 W Del Mar Blvd Ste 16 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 723-6453 – View Map
- Texas Farm Bureau Insurance – Juancarlo Rendon
507 E Expy 83 – Pharr, TX 78577 – (956) 787-8844 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Ricardo Rodriguez
5411 McPherson Rd #101 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 726-1906 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency should include more criteria than just the price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Texas?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
Protect more than your Fiat vehicle
Despite the high cost, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Fiat 500 has a loan, more than likely the lender will require you to buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Fiat at a much higher rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance preserves not only your Fiat but also your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Fiat gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $750 every year so shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
You can lower your car insurance rates
As you quote Laredo car insurance, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Lower-priced Fiat 500 insurance in Laredo is available on the web and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
In this article, we covered many ways to shop for Fiat 500 insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Laredo car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50 in Laredo? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Single Moms in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Laredo Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- How Much are Laredo Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Laredo Car Insurance for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)