If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find lower priced Buick Regal insurance in Laredo is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Texas. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
First, learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that increase rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a negative credit history can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Laredo. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment for the new coverage. Immediately put the certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you’ll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to analyze all possible companies. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
Sadly, the majority of drivers have been with the same company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers could cut their rates by roughly 47% a year by just shopping around, but they just feel it’s too hard to do a rate comparison.
If you have coverage now or just want cheaper rates, use these techniques to reduce the price you pay while maintaining coverages. Finding and comparing the best insurance coverage in Laredo is not as time-consuming as you think. You only need an understanding of the quickest method to shop for insurance from many companies at once.
Most major insurance companies give coverage prices from their websites. Getting online rates for Buick Regal insurance in Laredo is quite easy because it’s just a matter of typing in your personal and coverage information as detailed in the form. When complete, their quoting system collects your driving record and credit report and gives you a price quote based on these factors.
Quoting online for Buick Regal insurance in Laredo simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s necessary to do this in order to get the most affordable premium on car insurance.
In order to find out how much you can save on car insurance, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you type in the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you will get comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Texas. If your goal is to find cheaper auto insurance in Laredo, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Insurance policy discounts for Buick Regal insurance in Laredo
Buying insurance is not cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not know about. Some of these discounts will be visible at quote time, but a few need to be inquired about prior to getting the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class in high school.
- Membership in Organizations – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings on your policy.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car instead of a used Regal is cheaper since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Accident Free – Laredo drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Mature drivers may be able to get reduced rates.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are:
- American Family may include discounts for good student, good driver, accident-free, mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, and air bags.
- Farm Bureau has savings for multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, good student, driver training, and multi-policy.
- State Farm may offer discounts for good driver, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, Drive Safe & Save, and multiple policy.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including hybrid/electric vehicle, good student, early quote, home ownership, new car, and driver training.
- The Hartford offers discounts for driver training, air bag, defensive driver, bundle, good student, anti-theft, and vehicle fuel type.
- GEICO offers discounts including seat belt use, anti-theft, good student, multi-policy, air bags, federal employee, and daytime running lights.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, and good student.
Before buying, ask every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Laredo. To view providers that offer the discounts shown above in Texas, click here.
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Regal has a lienholder, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Buick at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
Third, auto insurance preserves your Buick and your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Laredo is wasting up to $700 annually so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to save money.
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When it comes to buying a policy, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Compare rates but still have a neighborhood Laredo auto insurance agent
Many drivers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data gets sent to companies in Laredo that can provide free Laredo car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You don’t have to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you just need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an provider should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Where are claims handled?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Laredo for you
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reliable agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents that you can select. Agencies in Laredo can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can handle auto insurance, but it’s good to learn how they are different because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which can be an advantage. Some insured continue to buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below are Laredo exclusive agents who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Texas Farm Bureau Insurance – Melissa Arce
1505 Calle Del Norte Dr #210 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 712-3276 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Marcus Moreno
1705 E Del Mar Blvd Ste 105a – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 725-4934 – View Map
- Luis Estrada – State Farm Insurance Agent
3660 E Del Mar Blvd #9 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 568-8013 – View Map
Agents of this type are not required to write business for one company so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rate quotes, you should always include rate quotes from a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Most also have access to less well-known companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Below are independent agencies in Laredo that can give you price quote information.
- Henri D Kahn Insurance
112 Del Ct – Laredo, TX 78041 – (800) 701-5909 – View Map
- Pena Insurance
220 W Hillside Rd # 11 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 724-9004 – View Map
- Amco Insurance
505 Lafayette St – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 722-5300 – View Map