It’s hard to believe, but about 70% of customers have been with the same company for well over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Many consumers in Laredo could save themselves $1,770 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t believe how much they could save if they switched.
To save the most money, the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates in Laredo is to start comparing rates regularly from companies who can sell car insurance in Texas. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
First, take a little time to learn about how insurance works and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a poor credit rating can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple sources. Start a quote
Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, notify your agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application for your new coverage. Don’t forget to store the certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverage information on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a fair price comparison and the best price quote selection.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Laredo, TX. If you want to find the best cheap car insurance in Texas, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Discounts for lower-cost insurance rates
Insurance is not inexpensive, but there are discounts available to help offset the cost. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically before being credited. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to scrutinize driving patterns by using a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers could receive reduced rates.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying a policy with multiple vehicles with the same insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Paperless Signup – A few larger companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application on their website.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car instead of a used A4 may earn a small discount due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member could mean lower prices.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
The information below illustrates the difference between Audi A4 premium costs with and without some available policy discounts. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no violations or claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
To choose insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Texas, click here.
The rate table displayed next outlines detailed analysis of insurance costs for Audi A4 models. Having a better idea how rates are established is important for drivers to make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo Station Wagon||$288||$682||$366||$22||$110||$1,468||$122|
|A4 2.0T Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$288||$594||$366||$22||$110||$1,380||$115|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$288||$594||$366||$22||$110||$1,380||$115|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo Station Wagon||$288||$682||$366||$22||$110||$1,468||$122|
|A4 2.0T Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$322||$682||$366||$22||$110||$1,502||$125|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$322||$682||$366||$22||$110||$1,502||$125|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$322||$682||$366||$22||$110||$1,502||$125|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo Station Wagon||$322||$682||$366||$22||$110||$1,502||$125|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$322||$682||$366||$22||$110||$1,502||$125|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$322||$682||$366||$22||$110||$1,502||$125|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in garaging location in Laredo which can decrease or increase insurance rates substantially.
The diagram below shows how different deductible levels and can affect Audi A4 annual premium costs for different insured age categories. The premiums assume a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Why Smart Buyers Pay Less for Audi A4 Insurance
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine your premiums. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices.
- City traffic equals higher prices – Having an address in a small town has definite advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers on the road corresponds to lower accident rates and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Residents of big cities tend to have more aggressive driving styles and more time behind the wheel. Higher commute times means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- Employer reflects on prices – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupations like doctors, airline pilots, and dentists usually pay higher premiums than the average policyholder because of intense work-related stress and long work days. Other careers such as actors, students and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
Females tend to cost less – Statistics have proven females are less aggressive when driving. This data doesn’t prove that women are better drivers. Men and women get in at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the males get into accidents with more damage. Men also get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Audi A4 insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Teenage drivers cost more – Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, are lower risk to insure, and are safer drivers. Inexperience drivers are known to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
The chart below assumes a single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Buy a safe car and pay less – Cars with high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. These vehicles protect occupants better and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less and thus lower rates. If your Audi A4 is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may cost less to insure.
- Car plus home equals more savings – Most larger insurance companies give better rates to policyholders who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to check prices from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Drive lots and pay more – The higher the mileage driven every year the higher your rate. Most insurance companies calculate prices based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage can be on a lower rate level than those that get driven frequently. It’s a good idea to make sure your declarations sheet is showing annual mileage, because it can save money. A policy that improperly rates your A4 may be costing you higher rates.
Audi A4 claim statistics – Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when they file their rates in each state. Models that historically have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher rates. The table shown below demonstrates the loss history for Audi A4 vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, equals 100. Percentage numbers below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentages above 100 point to more claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Audi A4 Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A4 4dr 2WD 179 107 103 80 112 100 Audi A4 4dr 4WD 160 94 118 66 68 77 Audi A4 Allroad Station Wagon 4WD 145 84 110 47 47 70BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Neighborhood Laredo auto insurance agents
Certain consumers still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! Good insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of comparing car insurance online is that you can find cheaper premium rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to agents in your area that provide free Laredo car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you wish to compare rates from a particular provider, you would need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Selecting a provider shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- How many companies do they write for?
If you are wanting to find local Laredo agents, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Car insurance agents can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both can handle car insurance, but it is a good idea to know the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Many people choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Laredo willing to provide rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Gabriel Medina
9807 Mines Rd #6 – Laredo, TX 78045 – (956) 645-2510 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Luis Cardenas
1418 E Saunders St Ste 1 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 726-8944 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Carlos Nunez Jr.
1102 Marshall St #3 – Laredo, TX 78045 – (956) 763-2707 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
When comparison shopping, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also write with different regional companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below are Laredo independent insurance agents that can give you rate quotes.
- FalconSure Insurance Agency
7718 McPherson Rd #3 – Laredo, TX 78045 – (956) 794-9700 – View Map
- J and E Insurance
1701 S Malinche Ave – Laredo, TX 78046 – (956) 791-1633 – View Map
- Laurel Insurance
4519 San Bernardo Ave – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 723-3785 – View Map
Ratings for Laredo auto insurance companies
Choosing the top auto insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in Laredo. The rank data in the next section may help you analyze which auto insurers you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Laredo Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Laredo Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Don’t give up on affordable premiums
When getting Laredo car insurance quotes online, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like policy cancellation, not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent or even high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies can be less work than you think.
You just learned many ideas to compare Audi A4 insurance prices in Laredo. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Laredo car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
To read more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in Laredo? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Retired Military in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Laredo Auto Insurance for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)