If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers that sell auto insurance in Laredo. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about how auto insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents and a less-than-favorable credit history can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new company. Once the application is submitted, safely store the proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
A valuable tip to remember is to use the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s safe to conclude that insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. People who shop around for the cheapest rate will presumably move their business because they stand a good chance of finding a cheaper policy. A study showed that consumers who shopped around saved $70 a month compared to those who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance is your objective, knowing the best way to compare coverages can save time and make the process easier.
If you’re already insured, you will be able to get lower rates using this information. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Laredo can initially seem challenging. But Texas vehicle owners must learn how the larger insurance companies calculate their prices.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that are used to determine the price you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find better auto insurance rates. Many factors are considered when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
- Insure car and home with the same company – Lots of insurers give lower prices to clients that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Insurance rates for married couples – Your spouse helps lower the price when buying auto insurance. Having a significant other translates into being less irresponsible and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Location can impact price – Having an address in small towns and rural areas may provide you with better prices when shopping for auto insurance. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft. People who live in big cities tend to have traffic congestion and more severe claims. Higher commute times means more chance of being in an accident.
- Policy add-ons add up – Insurance companies have many optional add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t diligent. Coverage for things like rental car coverage, death and dismemberment, and extra life insurance coverage could be just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when buying your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so consider taking them off your policy.
- Commute or pleasure use – The more you drive your Acura in a year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Many insurance companies rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars that do not get driven very much qualify for better rates than cars that get driven a lot. An incorrectly rated ILX can result in significantly higher rates. It’s always a good idea to double check that your declarations sheet reflects the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
Acura ILX claim statistics – Auto insurance companies factor in historical loss data when they file their rates in each state. Models that are shown to have increased losses will have a higher cost to insure. The data below shows the historical insurance loss data for Acura ILX vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles compiled together is represented as 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more claims or statistically larger losses.
Acura ILX Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Acura Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura ILX 96 94 83 112 111 97BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
First Step: Get free Acura ILX insurance quotes
When shopping for affordable Acura ILX insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to obtain and compare prices from all the different companies. The best method to find the cheapest Acura ILX insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
Getting rates online is very simple and it makes it a waste of time to waste gas driving to each insurance agency near you. Buying insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a need for the trained advice that only a licensed agent can provide. It is possible with some companies compare online quotes but buy the policy through an agent.
Keep in mind that getting more free quotes increases the chance that you will find a better price. Not every company does price estimates online, so you need to compare prices on coverage from those companies, too.
The providers in the list below offer price quotes in Laredo, TX. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Acura, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Acura at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects not only your Acura but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average driver in Texas overpays as much as $850 per year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to save money.
These discounts can slash Acura ILX insurance rates
Car insurance companies do not advertise the entire discount list very clearly, so below is a list a few of the more well known as well as the least known auto insurance savings.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active duty in the military can result in better auto insurance rates.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to participate in a local driver’s education class in school.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car model can save up to 30% because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Good Student Discount – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Laredo car insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Distant College Student Discount – Youth drivers living away from Laredo attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will help reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
The best auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- American Family offers premium reductions for accident-free, mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, good driver, and early bird.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include youthful driver, renewal discount, safe driver, multi-policy, good student, 55 and retired, and driver training.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple autos, defensive driving training, good student, multiple policy, and driver’s education.
- Travelers offers discounts including driver training, payment discounts, multi-car, home ownership, and save driver.
- The Hartford offers discounts for defensive driver, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, good student, air bag, and driver training.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, military active duty, anti-theft, driver training, and daytime running lights.
- Progressive has discounts for online signing, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
Double check with each company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts might not be offered in your state. If you would like to see a list of companies with discount rates in Texas, click here to view.
Compare prices but buy from a neighborhood Laredo auto insurance agent
Some consumers prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The best thing about comparing insurance online is you may find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the quote information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. There is no need to do any legwork because prices are sent immediately to you. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to compare rates from a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an company needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. A good agent in Laredo will have answers to these questions.
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
When finding a good insurance agency, there are two types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Laredo are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents work for only one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are highly trained on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below are Laredo exclusive agents that are able to give rate quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent. When comparison shopping, you need to include a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Laredo that can give you rate quotes.
J and E Insurance
1701 S Malinche Ave – Laredo, TX 78046 – (956) 791-1633 – View Map
Auto insurance company ratings
Ending up with the highest-rated car insurance company can be challenging considering how many choices you have in Texas. The company rank data in the lists below could help you decide which coverage providers you want to consider shopping prices with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Be persistent and save
More affordable car insurance in Laredo is attainable both online as well as from independent agents in Laredo, so you need to shop Laredo car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not provide internet price quotes and many times these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
You just read many ways to reduce Acura ILX insurance rates online in Laredo. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Laredo car insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Laredo car insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. Some small companies may have significantly lower auto insurance rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Young Drivers in Laredo? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)